Boise Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Boise Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Boise Airport.
What to Expect
- Boise Airport is a 24 hour airport, with two concourses and two runways.
- There are a variety of restaurants available on both concourses including a food court and two restaurants pre-security.
- Free WiFi is and power charging stations are available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Boise Airport is open 24 hours a day, but travellers are not allowed to wait or sleep airside after the last flight of the night. Passengers already airside are required to go landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security to re-enter. This is strictly enforced!
- A few padded benches are available across from the ticketing counters. Have a blanket handy for a comfortable night’s sleep!
- Loud music is played over the PA system throughout the night. Have earplugs handy to block out the noise.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Boise Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
At the time of this update there were no lounges that economy class travellers can pay to use.
Free WiFi is available at Boise Airport. Open your browser and a University of Idaho pages will appear. Check the box to accept the terms and conditions.
If sleeping in Boise Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Rodeway Inn Boise Airport - (2 minute drive / 7 minute walk) Free airport shuttle.
- Best Western Vista Inn at the Airport - (2 minute drive / 8 minute walk) No airport shuttle.
- Best Western Airport Inn - (2 minute drive / 8 minute walk) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Boise Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Rotating art exhibits are on display throughout the airport.
- ATMs - Available on the 2nd Floor, between the Ticket Counters and washrooms • 2nd Floor, Food Court area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are located on the 1st floor, near baggage claim carousel 2
- Luggage Carts - The airport has Smarte Carte luggage carts, which means there is probably a pretty high fee to use them. You can find them at various locations inside the airport, as well as in the garage on 1st floor, just outside the elevator.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available.
- Massage Chairs - Locations: 2nd Floor, Meeter/Greeter Lobby • Food Court • Across from Gates 10 and 17
- Mobile Charging - Free power ports are located in the lobby, business centers and concourse restaurants.
- Rest Zones - Not available
- Shopping - The following shops are available: 94.9 River Shop • CNBC SmartShop • Idaho Statesman Shop • CNBC Kiosk • Forever Heather • Art Source Gallery • Greenbelt Magazine Shop.
The airport is open 24 hours, although food concessions and car rentals have varied hours of operation. The TSA security checkpoints open one hour prior to the first flight and close one hour after the last flight.
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Valley Ride offers service to and from destinations within Ada and Canyon counties.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite, on the 1st floor of the airport terminal: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Hotel shuttles pick-up at the green curb on the lower level roadway median, across from the outside of the baggage claim area. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information. There is a Hotel Phone Board on the 1st floor rotunda. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Suites Airport • Courtyard Boise Downtown • Fairfield Inn Boise • Hampton Inn Boise Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Boise Spectrum • Holiday Inn Express Boise University Area • Homewood Suites Boise • La Quinta Inn & Suites Boise Airport • Quality Inn Airport • Rodeway Inn Boise Airport • SpringHill Suites Boise ParkCenter • Super 8 Boise • TownePlace Suites Boise Downtown • Wyndham Garden Boise Airport.
Boise Shuttle Service also offers transportation to and from Boise-area hotels, picking up and dropping off passengers at the green curb.
Shared Ride Shuttle
Sun Valley Express and Salt Lake Express offer scheduled or on-demand shared-ride shuttle service. These shuttles pick-up at the blue curb on the lower level roadway median, across from the outside of the baggage claim area.
Metered taxis are readily available at the black curb on the lower level roadway median, across from the outside of the baggage claim area.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.