Burbank Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Burbank Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airline tossed us a few alms for a smidgen of airport gruel.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on Burbank Airport.
What to Expect
- Burbank Bob Hope Airport is a small airport with two terminals and a combined number of fourteen gates.
- There is variety of food and coffee houses available for passengers around the airport.
- The airport is not open 24 hours. See Hours in the airport guide below.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A review hasn’t been posted since 2004 so we don't have any current info for airport sleepers. If you’ve travelled here recently please submit a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Burbank Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use airport lounges at this time.
If sleeping in Burbank Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport - (5 min walk or ride from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. Free airport shuttle service available. For airport pick-up, call 1 (818) 843-6000 or use the courtesy phone in the Hotel Shuttles pick-up area, after you claim your bags.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport - (5 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle service runs from 5:30AM to 10:30PM. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone from the Hotel Shuttles pick-up area after you claim your luggage. The shuttle will arrive in 10 to 20 minutes.
- Ramada Burbank Airport - (9 min from the airport) Reviews are mixed, but this is one of two budget hotels in the immediate area of the airport and it offers free airport shuttle service.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Burbank Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Burbank airport. Connect to the “BUR-Airport-WiFi” network.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 3 ATMs in the terminal, and one outside at the end of the valet parking lot.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions open at this airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 5:30AM - 10:00PM.
The following Metro Bus lines serve Burbank Airport: 794 and 94 (airport- downtown Burbank - Sun Valley Metrolink Station - Sylmar/San Fernando Metrolink Station); 222 (airport - Hollywood/Vine Metro Station) and 165 (airport - West Hills). For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Los Angeles County Metro website.
BurbankBus connects the airport with downtown Burbank and Metro North Hollywood Station on weekdays. Weekend and holiday service is available on-demand, provided by the airport via SuperShuttle. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the BurbankBus website.
Car rental services are offered in the RITC (Regional Intermodal Transportation Center), a separate facility that houses the car rental agency service desks, rental vehicles and other modes of public transportation. The customer service area of the facility is accessible via elevated moving walkway, located near Valet Parking in front of the airport terminal. Onsite car rental agencies include: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Fox, Hertz, Midway, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Coast Anabelle Hotel • Days Inn Glendale • Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale • Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport • Holiday Inn Burbank • Hotel Amarano Burbank • Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport • Ramada Burbank Airport
Taxis and Shared Ride Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are readily available at the pedestrian islands in front of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required. Shared-ride shuttles are operated by Prime Time Shuttle, Roadrunner Shuttle and SuperShuttle.
Burbank Bob Hope Airport is accessible by rail service, via Bob Hope Airport Train Station. The train station is served by Metrolink trains on weekdays, and by daily service from Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains. For Metrolink and Amtrak route maps, schedules and fares, visit the LOSSAN Rail Corridor Agency website.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.