Charleston Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Charleston Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only drawback, however, was a lack of food. There are NO vending machines in the airport, and believe me, we looked. - George
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Charleston International Airport.
What to Expect
- Charleston is described as a small, but congested and dusty airport due to the ongoing construction and renovations.
- There are two concourses (Concourse A and Concourse B), connected airside by walkway. The small selection of shops and restaurants are mostly located airside.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers mentioned some comfortable benches are available in the baggage claim area, with power outlets nearby. Bright lights and construction noise are the downside, so have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise cancelling headphones handy!
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- There are no hotels directly at the airport. However, there are nearby hotels that provide a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, the vending machines in baggage claim are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- Vending machines are available at all times in the baggage claim area.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Charleston Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this time.
Free WiFi is available at Charleston Airport.
If sleeping at the Charleston Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with free airport shuttles:
- Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport- (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available 24 hours a day.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available to the airport, convention center and Tanger Outlet Mall.
- Embassy Suites North Charleston Airport Hotel & Convention Center - (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Charleston Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available landside.
- Business Center - Location: landside, to the left of the main entrance towards the baggage claim and car rental area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it is not known if there are any 24 hour food concessions. There is a food court court located landside and a snack bar located in each of the two concourses.
- Information Desk - Location: landside, to the left of the main entrance towards the baggage claim and car rental area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Showers - No
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA security checkpoint is open from approx. 10:00AM - 5:00 PM.
The NASH (North Area Shuttle) offers nonstop express service between the airport and downtown Charleston. The bus stop is located outside of the terminal, near the baggage claim area. From downtown Charleston, passengers can transfer to the free DASH (Downtown Area Shuttle) shuttle service, which stops at several key destinations. One-way fare for the NASH is $3.50 per person. For route maps and schedules, visit the CARTA website.
Onsite car rental agencies operate within the Rental Car Pavilion, located near Baggage Claim. The following car rental agencies are available in the pavilion: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Aloft Charleston • Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites • Charleston Plaza Hotel • Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum • Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center • Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention • Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate • Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center • Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center • Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport / Conv. Center • Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center • Radisson Hotel Charleston Airport • Residence Inn Charleston North • Residence Inn by Marriott - Charleston Airport
Taxis and Shared Ride Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are readily available in the ground transportation area of the terminal from 5:00AM until 30 minutes after the arrival of the last flight of the day. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.