Chattanooga Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chattanooga Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Would recommend finding a corner in the concourse as opposed to the terminal.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chattanooga Airport.
What to Expect
- Chattanooga airport is a small airport with two levels, a single concourse and five gates.
- Concession services are available both before and after security offering a wide range of food and beverages.
- There is a business center equipped with charging stations, iPads, and Xbox and HD TV. There are also charging stations available in the restaurants and gates.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We haven't received a review for this airport since 2004. If you have visited Chattanooga airport recently please write a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Chattanooga Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use-lounges. See Business Center below.
If sleeping at the Chattanooga Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga Hamilton Place - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 10:00PM.
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service daily from 7:00AM to 11:00PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chattanooga Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Chattanooga airport, courtesy of EPB Fiber Optics.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Second Level, to the right of security.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Currency exchange counters are not available at Chattanooga Airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - Location: First Floor, Rotunda, beside Baggage Claim. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM Mon - Fri. Also look for airport ambassadors throughout the terminal to assist.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Mobile Charging - Power outlets are readily available in both airside and landside restaurant lounge areas. In addition, free-standing charging stations are available near airport gates.
- Notary - Free notary services are offered in the airport. Call the airport to make an appointment. Location: unknown. Hours: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Relax Lounge - Gig Lounge offers iPads, an XBox, large screen HD TVs and a recharging table. Free to the public. Location: Landside, Upper Level, in the EPB Landing Pad.
- Showers - No
The airport is open 24 hours, although the terminal operates from 4:30AM – 12:00AM. (or the last flight of the day).
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National. Thrifty/Dollar provides free shuttle service between the airport and its off-site location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Chattanooga at Hamilton Place Mall • Hampton Inn Chattanooga-Airport/I-75 • Hampton Inn Chattanooga-North/Ooltewah • Hilton Garden Inn Chattanooga / Hamilton Place • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chattanooga - Ooltewah • Residence Inn Chattanooga near Hamilton Place • Wingate by Wyndham Chattanooga
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the terminal on a 24-hr basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.