Cincinnati Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cincinnati Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I almost went to sleep on the electric cart!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cincinnati International Airport.
What to Expect
- A well-designed and efficient airport, with clean facilities and short walks between gates.
- The main terminal has two concourses (Concourse A and Concourse B) that are connected by an underground train.
- Some reviewers note well-organized Immigration lines, clean facilities and efficient and fast baggage claim. This may not always be the case, but it can happen.
- The airport provides free WiFi in many areas of the airport. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Reviews mentions Starbucks and the area around it as the best place to sleep. Curved, comfy couches, and not an armrest in sight!
- Weather permitting, there is a grassy area outside of T1, at the Limousine Parking Lot that one reviewer described as a comfortable place to sleep.
- Some travellers say that the A/C blasts cold air all night long, and that a warm blanket or sweater is a MUST. Bring a sleep mask and earplugs as well, as lights and music are left on all night!
- There is an on-site airport hotel and nearby hotels that provide a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- Airport shops and restaurants close at night. Stash some snacks and beverages for later!
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cincinnati Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Cincinnati airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- The Club at CVG - This lounge is available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. The lounge has a designated rest zone. Location: Airside, Concourse A, between Gates A8 and A10. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Sun - Fri) • 6:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 40) • Save $5 when you Book Online (US$ 35.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Delta Sky Club - Location: near Gate B14. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
USO Lounge - A quiet area that is free of charge to members of the military and their families. Features internet access, drinks, snacks and other amenities. Open daily from 8:00AM - 8:00PM Location: (Airside, Concourse A, Gate 15) and (Airside, Concourse B, Gate 27).
Free WiFi is available at Cincinnati Airport in the ticketing and baggage claim areas, as well as at all gates. If you don't have a laptop, go to Regus Express to use their computer stations. Location: Terminal 3, Concourse B, Gate 20
If sleeping in Cincinnati Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with free airport shuttles....
- DoubleTree by Hilton Cincinnati Airport Hotel - The only on-site airport hotel. Free airport shuttle runs from 5:00AM to 1:00AM.
- Cincinnati Airport Marriott - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, call 1-859-586-0166 or use the courtesy phone in the airport.
- Hampton Inn Cincinnati Airport North - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cincinnati Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available throughout the airport.
- Baggage Carts - Available for a $4 fee. Locations: Baggage Claim, Terminal Garage and pre-Security.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Terminal 3, Baggage Claim area
- Children's Play Area - Fun and interactive play areas for the little ones! Locations: Airside, Concourse A, Gate 4 and Airside, Concourse B, Food Court.
- Currency Exchange - 5/3 Bank offers currency exchange services. Location: Concourse B, Gate 12. Hours: Not known but open 7 days a week.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside near Gate 12. In addition, a small selection of retail stores and newsstands is available throughout the terminal.
- Fitness Paths - Time for a walk, follow the Fitness Paths, 4 guided walks are available.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Massage Bar offers fully-clothed 15 and 30 minute sessions. Wellness products also available for sale. No appointment needed. Locations: Airside, Concourse A, Gate A7 • Airside, Concourse B, Gate B16.
- Mobile Charging - Location: Concourse B, Food Court
- Relax Zone - Relax in comfy seats while you recharge yourself and your electronics. Location: Concourse B, Food Court area.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Graycliff Lounge offers an adults-only quiet area for smoking cigars and cigarettes. Cigarettes, cigars and small gifts are also available for purchase. Entrance fee: $6 Location: Airside, Concourse B, Gate 11.
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA security checkpoint is open 4:30AM - 9:30PM (unconfirmed).
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The Airporter is a fast and economic express bus service between the airport and downtown Cincinnati or downtown Covington. Bus fare is only $2 per person, one way. For route maps and schedules, visit the TANK website.
The following car rental agencies can be reached via direct-dial courtesy phones in the baggage claim area: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. Courtesy shuttles run between the airport and the car rental lots every 5 - 10 minutes.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Inn Airport Turfway Road • Comfort Suites Cincinnati Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Cincinnati Airport • Courtyard Cincinnati Airport • Doubletree Cincinnati Airport Hotel • Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Airport South • Hilton Cincinnati Airport • Holiday Inn Cincinnati Airport • Homewood Suites Cincinnati Airport South-Florence • Hyatt Place Cincinnati Airport/Florence • La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati Airport Florence • Marriott Cincinnati Airport • Quality Inn and Suites • Residence Inn Cincinnati Airport • Springhill Suites Cincinnati Airport South • Wingate by Wyndham Cincinnati Airport / Erlanger
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the terminal on a 24-hr basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, a one way fare from the airport to downtown Cincinnati is $34. Executive van and car service is also available, with service desks located in the baggage claim area.
Last Updated: 09 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.