Colorado Springs Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Colorado Springs Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
one of the cleaning crew told me that they would open the chapel up for me and let me sleep in there. - Nick F
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Colorado Springs Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal airport with minimal shopping and dining options
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Try the 2nd floor, where you’ll find comfortable leather couches and chairs near a fireplace!
- If you must sleep in the Baggage Claim area, have a travel blanket and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy, as the area is noisy and very cold!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Colorado Springs Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Premier Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, AIrside, adjacent to Gate 6. Hours: 4:30AM - last scheduled flight. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 12)
If sleeping in Colorado Springs Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttle:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 7:00AM to 9:00PM daily.
- Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport- (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Quality Inn - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Colorado Springs Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Colorado Springs Airport. Connect to the "flyCOS" network. Hotspots are located in the newly remodeled concession and seating areas between the top of the escalators and before security screening, as well as in the concourse.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMS. Locations: 1st Floor, across from elevators and 2nd Floor, on the concourse between gates 3 and 5
- Baggage Carts - there is a $4 fee to use the baggage carts.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Main terminal building in the east corridor next to the news and gift shop. Open: 24 hours
- Children's Play Area - Location: Airside, between Gates 7 and 9
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - Location: Baggage Claim Area
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage - Massage - Treat yourself with a professional massage at New Leaf Therapies! Massages start at $1 per five minutes. Active Duty military get five minutes free with paid massage! Location: Airside, between Gates 6 and 8.
- Mobile Charging - Located airside, under the little tables between seats throughout the concourse.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours. The security checkpoints are open 4:00AM - 8:00PM.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Onsite car rental desks are located in baggage claim area. The following car rental agencies are available: Alamo/National, Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz. U-Save Car & Truck Rental provides a courtesy shuttle to its off-airport location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Cheyenne Mountain Resort • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Colorado Springs • Hampton Inn Colorado Springs Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Colorado Springs Airport • Holiday Inn Colorado Springs Airport • Holiday Inn Express Colorado Springs Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Colorado Springs Airport • Hotel Elegante Conference & Event Center • Quality Inn • Radisson Hotel Colorado Springs Airport • The Broadmoor • The Cliff House at Pikes Peak
Taxis and Shared Ride Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are readily available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.