Columbia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Columbia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
One of the airport managers suggested we sleep over at the chapel.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Columbia Metropolitan Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny express airport with a single concourse
- Most reviewers who chose to stay overnight did so to catch an early flight.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Try the chapel or the main atrium. One reviewer even managed to get some shut-eye from sleeping behind an unused ticketing counter!
- There are no hotels at the airport. However, there are nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Columbia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use airport lounges at this airport.
- USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities: computers, WiFi, Xbox Video Games, TV Lounge, books, snacks. Location: Airport Atrium. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Columbia Airport. Connect to the FlyWithEase network. No login required.
If sleeping in Columbia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Columbia Airport SC - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Sleep Inn Airport - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Days Inn & Suites Columbia Airport - (7 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Columbia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - An ATM can be found in the main lobby, next to the USO lounge, and airside, next to the Paradies Gift Shop.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Landside
- Currency Exchange - No
- Food & Drinks - SkyBar offers food and drink landside in the far right corner of the main lobby, while Runway Food Court offers a small selection of eateries. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Shopping - Paradies / PGA shops offer coffee, snacks, and last minute gifts, both landside and airside.
- Showers - No
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following onsite car rental agencies are located in baggage claim: Alamo/National, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Clarion Inn Columbia-Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Columbia Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone • Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Airport • Holiday Inn & Suites Columbia Airport • Sleep Inn Airport
Taxis and Shared Ride Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are readily available at the lower level of the terminal near baggage claim. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.