Dayton Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dayton Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Dayton Airport.
What to Expect
- Dayton International airport is the third busiest and third largest airport in Ohio.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Dayton International Airport hasn’t been reviewed yet, if you’ve visited this airport recently please submit a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dayton Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use airport lounges at this airport.
- USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include snacks, books, games, TV. Location: Ticketing Lobby, to the right of the main entrance, in front of the airline ticket counters. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Dayton Airport. Connect to the “Fly DAY Public” network.
If sleeping in Dayton Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Clarion Inn Dayton Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle available.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton Airport - (6 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dayton Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Cultural art exhibitions are available in Concourses A and B.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two locations: Ticketing lobby (landside) and across from the Heritage Book Store (airside).
- Business Travelers Center - Location: Hours: 6:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Fri) • Closed (Sat) • 12:00PM - 6:00PM (Sun). Rate: Free for all Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce members and their employees, as well as military personnel.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Courtesy Phones - Offering free local calls. Located throughout the terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Boston Stoker snack bar is open until 11:00PM in Baggage Claim. Water bottle refilling stations are located near the restrooms in all concourses. Vending machines can be found throughout the terminal (landside and airside).
- Information Desk - Location: Main Terminal, near the Terminal entrance. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 9:00AM - 3:00PM (Sat) • 11:30AM - 6:00PM (Sun)
- Luggage Carts - Located throughout the terminal and at curbside for $3 per use.
- Massage Chairs - Locations: in each concourse (airside) and baggage claim (landside).
- Meditation Room - Location: Ticketing Lobby. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Location: in the Concourses (airside). Rate: $3.00 for 30 minutes.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA security checkpoint is open 4:00AM - 8:30PM (unconformed).
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
RTA bus route 43 travels a route between Dayton Airport, Vandalia, Northwoods Blvd. and Peters Pike. For route map, schedule and fares, visit the Dayton RTA website.
The following car rental agencies have service counters in the baggage claim area: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airport Inn & Parking Vandalia • Clarion Inn Dayton Airport • Crowne Plaza Dayton • Days Inn & Suites Dayton North • Fairfield Inn Dayton North • Super 8 Vandalia/Dayton International Airport
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal from 7:00AM - 12:00AM, or 30 minutes past the arrival of the last flight of the day. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.