Erie Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Erie Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Sleeping is possible as there are numerous quiet corners.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Erie Airport.
What to Expect
- Erie International airport is a small and easily accessible airport with seven gates. It is conveniently located not far from three major cities and the Canadian border.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- According to the last review we received about this airport in 2005, there are numerous quiet corners to sleep in Erie International Airport. If you have updated information from visiting this airport recently please submit your review!
- For uninterrupted sleep,there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Erie Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Erie Airport.
If sleeping in Erie Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Glass House Inn - (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle service.
- Clarion Hotel Lake Erie - (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Erie Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Aviation-themed art, featuring local artists, is on display throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: adjacent to the Information Desk in the main lobby (landside).
- Baggage Carts - Free
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - ERI Cafe, the airport’s only restaurant, opens daily at 4:00AM. Vending machines are available landside and airside.
- Information Desk - Location: Center of the Public Waiting area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - ERI Cafe has a gift shop, open daily at 4:00AM.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 4:30AM - 12:30AM.
Local buses Route 22/31/32 and Route 26/31 serve Erie International Airport. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the EMTA website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Hertz, Enterprise and National. Budget is located nearby in an off-site location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Clarion Hotel Bel-Aire Conference Center • Comfort Inn • Comfort Inn & Suites • Courtyard Erie • Econo Lodge • Hilton Garden Inn Erie • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township) • Home2 Suites by Hilton Erie • Residence Inn Erie • TownePlace Suites by Marriott Erie • Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.