Fort Myers Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Fort Myers Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The music is on all night, so make sure you have ear plugs if you are gonna try sleeping.
photo credit: Lee County Port Authority / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Southwest Florida International Airport.
What to Expect
- A mid-sized airport with three concourses (Concourses B, C and D)
- Airport restaurants and shops close for the night. Be sure to purchase food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Most seating in the landside area has armrests, but there are a few hard wooden benches...and then there is the floor. Have a travel mattress handy to make your stay a little more comfortable!
- Some reviewers suggest sleeping near the ticketing counters. The lights in that area are dimmed at night.
- Overhead announcements and loud background music play around the clock, so have some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones for a good night’s sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Fort Myers Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Southwest Florida International Airport. Connect to the “RSWiFly” network.
If sleeping in Fort Myers Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with a free airport shuttle:
- Four Points by Sheraton Fort Myers Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service (subject to availability).
- Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport/FGCU - (9 min from the airport) Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Fort Myers Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Art and live music exhibitions are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are ATMs located in the Main Terminal and Concourse D.
- Baggage Carts - Location: Arrivals Level, Baggage Claim. Rate: unknown.
- Business Center - see Currency Exchange
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex Business Center and Currency Exchange offers a wide range of business and travel services, including currency exchange, ATM, notary, fax, copying and more. Location: Main Terminal, 2nd floor, near Concourse B. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (daily).
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options inside the airport. There is a 7-11 convenience store in the Airport Service Plaza, located on the Terminal Access road.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at Comfort Zone Massage. No appointment needed. Locations: Main Terminal, landside, near security checkpoint.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking is prohibited everywhere inside the terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Local bus Route 50 serves the airport between 7:25AM - 8:00PM. For route map, schedules and fares, visit the LeeTran website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. ACE, Advantage, EZ and FOX offer free shuttle service to/from their nearby off-site locations. Courtesy direct-dial phones are available at the off-site car rental shuttle stop, located along the back of the airport parking garage.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport • Best Western Airport Inn • Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Myers • Courtyard Fort Myers - Gulf Coast Town Center • Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Myers - Estero • Four Points by Sheraton Fort Myers Airport • Hampton Inn Ft. Myers - Airport I-75 • Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers Airport / FGCU • Holiday Inn Ft. Myers Airport-Town Center • Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU • La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Myers Airport • Quality Suites Fort Myers - I-75 • SpringHill Suites Fort Myers Airport • Travelodge Fort Myers Airport
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.