Greensboro Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Greensboro Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Greensboro Airport.
What to Expect
- The Greensboro airport has a single terminal with a North Concourse and a South Concourse.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received a review on this airport since 2006. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass or Admirals Club membership. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Greensboro Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Greensboro airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: US Airways Concourse, Airside, near Gate 45. Lounge Access: Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • Admirals Club Membership.
If sleeping in Greensboro Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttles....
- Greensboro High Point Marriott Airport - (2 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available upon request.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro - (6 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs to the airport every 30 minutes. Airport pick-up is on demand. For pick-up, call the hotel directly 1-336-393-0088 after claiming your luggage.
- Holiday Inn Greensboro Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available.
- Sleep Inn Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available.
To see more options there is a list of near Greensboro Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Art in the Airport - Art exhibitions are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located on the Upper and Lower levels.
- Business Center - Location: Airside
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Lower Level, landside, baggage claim.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Duty Free & Shopping - A limited variety of gift shops, newsstands, and a golf shop are available in the terminal.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include:
» Main Terminal (landside): PGA TOUR Grill • The Great American Bagel.
» North Concourse (airside): Starbucks • The Local @GSO.
» South Concourse (airside): ACC American Café • Starbucks.
- Information Desk - There are two Information counters: lower and upper levels. Look for the airport ambassadors wearing navy blue jackets.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Piedmont Triad International Airport is served by an airport area shuttle network. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the PART website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty/Dollar.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Greensboro Airport Hotel • Wyndham Garden Greensboro • Courtyard Greensboro Airport • Days Inn Greensboro Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport • Fairfield Inn Greensboro Airport • Hampton Inn Greensboro Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Greensboro • Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greensboro Airport • Home2 Suites by Hilton Greensboro Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Greensboro • Residence Inn Greensboro Airport • Sleep Inn Airport • Wingate by Wyndham High Point
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.