Harrisburg Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Harrisburg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I found some nice rocking chairs in the lobby of the terminal (upstairs).
- Adam from PSU
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Harrisburg Airport.
- The Harrisburg airport has a single, walkable terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Information on this airport is limited. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Harrisburg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Susquehanna Club - Features: TV lounge, private conference room, individual workstations, fax machine, copy machine and beverages. Location: Concourse A, near gate A2. Lounge Access: The lounge is available to frequent fliers who travel at least 25,000 miles a year from any one airline serving HIA
Free WiFi is available at Harrisburg Airport. Connect to the " HIA Free WiFi " network. Internet kiosks are available for a fee. Location: Airside and Landside on the 2nd floor.
If sleeping in Harrisburg Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sheraton Hotel Harrisburg Hershey - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available from 5:00AM to Midnight.
- Wyndham Garden Harrisburg - (12 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East - (12 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on demand.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Harrisburg Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two Locations: in the baggage claim area • on the 2nd floor, before the security checkpoint.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is no duty-free shopping at HIA, but there are two Hudson News gift shops in the airport. Locations: (Food Court, landside)(Concourse B, airside, just after security checkpoint).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are available landside.
- Information Desk - Located inside the main entrance. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Location: Airside, Concourse A, next to Gate A3. Hours: 9:30AM - 6:00PM (Wed-Fri)
- Observation Deck - Location: 3rd Floor.
- Rest Zones - There are rocking chairs located throughout the terminal for tired travellers to relax while waiting for their flights.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Areas - Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Public bus route 7 serves the airport on weekdays, from 6:00AM - 8:00PM, and Saturdays, from 7:00AM - 6:00PM. For route map, schedules and fares, visit the Cattransit website.
Car rental services are handled on the 1st floor of the Multi-Modal Transportation Facility, a separate building that is connected to the main terminal via skybridge. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National. Payless serves the airport from a nearby off-site location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center • Days Inn Hershey • Holiday Inn Harrisburg East • Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East • Hilton Garden Inn Hershey • Holiday Inn Harrisburg/Hershey • Hotel Hershey • Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg • Park Inn by Radisson Harrisburg West • Radisson Hotel Harrisburg • Red Lion Hotel Harrisburg Hershey • Sheraton Harrisburg-Hershey • SpringHill Suites Harrisburg Hershey • SpringHill Suites Hershey • Wyndham Garden Harrisburg
Taxis are available on the 1st floor of the Multi-Modal Transportation Facility, a separate building that is connected to the main terminal via skybridge.. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.