Hartford Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hartford Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
it wasn't that bad, except the cleaning guy hit me with the vacuum, and claimed that he was only doing his job. -a traveller
Airside. Source: Engelalber, Wikipedia
What to Expect
- A relaxed and modest-sized airport. Terminal A has two concourses (Gates 1-12 Concourse and Gates 20-30 Concourse). Used solely by Delta, the International Arrivals Building receives passengers from incoming international flights.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Benches and chairs can be found in the carpeted hallway leading to the Sheraton Airport Hotel. The hallway is said to be quiet but bright, so have your sleep mask handy!
- Have earplugs on hand, just in case!
- Lower level baggage claim is reported to have two lounge areas with comfy couches and flat screen TV’s.
- The airport is connected to a hotel and there are nearby hotels that offer free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only.
- While most airport shops and restaurants close at night, two restaurants and a Dunkin Donuts have extended hours.
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass or Admirals Club membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hartford Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Hartford airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admirals Club - Location: West Concourse, Airside, Adjacent to Gate A24. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • Admirals Club Membership.
- Escape Lounge - Location: East Concourse, Airside, at the entrance to Gates 1-12. Lounge Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 43)
Free WiFi is available at Hartford Airport.
If sleeping in Hartford Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport - Located at the airport between Terminals A and B.
- La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport - (3 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hartford Bradley Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn Hartford Airport - (4 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport - (7 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hartford Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations - Landside: in the baggage claim area • across from the Delta ticket counter Airside - in the Main terminal near the CNBC store • Shades Sunglasses •Travelmart • Gates 1-12 Concourse next to Locks Landing Restaurant.
- Baby Care Facilities - The Mother’s Nursing Room features comfortable seating, a changing table, a sink and power outlets for breastpumps. Location: airside, next to the CNBC store.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with most of them opening between 4:00AM - 5:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - Located across from Delta Airlines Ticket counter.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Museum - The New England Air Museum offers Interactive displays for kids and aviation enthusiasts. Location: 11 min taxi/car from the airport
- Showers - not available.
The airport is open 24 hours. Most airline counters open between 4:00AM - 5:00AM.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Bradley Airport is served by bus route 30-Bradley Flyer, an economical and direct route between that stops at the Connecticut Convention Center and Union Station in Hartford. The 30-minute ride costs $1.50 one-way and departs hourly, 7 days a week. For further information, visit the CTTransit website.
The following car rental agencies are connected to the airport via free shuttle service: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Candlewood Suites Windsor Locks • Days Inn Windsor Locks at Bradley International Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hartford - Bradley Airport • Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Hartford Airport • Hampton Inn Hartford/Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Hartford North/Bradley International Airport • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bradley Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford/Windsor Locks • La Quinta Inn Hartford Bradley Airport • Marriott Hartford/Windsor Airport • Sheraton Hartford Hotel at Bradley Airport • SpringHill Suites Hartford Airport/Windsor Locks
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, taxi fare between the airport and East, West or Central Hartford is about $42 - $45 one way.
Last Updated: 22 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.