Helena Regional Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Helena Regional Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Helena Regional Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a small airport with a single terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews for this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed late at night, it is not possible to sleep here.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Helena Regional Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Helena Airport. The signal is strongest near the Sleeping Giant Business Center.
Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible. There are hotels near Helena airport (approx. 2km + away):
- Residence Inn Helena - (2 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available (must pre-book).
- Comfort Suites Airport - (2 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Wingate by Wyndham Helena Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within city limits).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Helena Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM on the main level, between the Sleeping Giant Business Center and the ticketing counters.
- Baggage Carts - Free
- Business Center - The Sleeping Giant Business Center offers free WiFi and wired internet access in a work-friendly environment, and a TV lounge for relaxation before flying. Location: Across from Captain Jack’s, landside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Food & Drinks - Captain Jack’s Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, a full bar, gift shop, WiFi and a children’s play area. Location: landside. A snack bar is available airside.
- Newspapers - The airport hands out 50 free newspapers per day
- Information Desk - This is a very small airport. The "information desk" is most likely to be any staff member that you see walking around.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Parking - Free short term parking
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 4:00AM - 12:30AM, or 30 minutes after arrival of the last flight of the day.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz and National. Enterprise serves the airport from a nearby off-site location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Some of these hotels can be reached via direct-dial courtesy phone, available at the courtesy boards in the east end of baggage claim. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Premier Helena Great Northern Hotel • Comfort Suites Helena • Hampton Inn Helena • Jorgenson's Inn & Suites • La Quinta Inn & Suites Helena • Radisson Colonial Hotel Helena • Residence Inn by Marriott Helena • Shilo Inn - Helena • Wingate by Wyndham Helena
Taxis are available in the taxi rank outside, in front of baggage claim of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required. Taxis can also be requested by direct-dial courtesy phone, available in the baggage claim area.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.