Huntsville Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Huntsville Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Take the elevator to the third level business lounge (free) and enjoy cushy leather couches, cable TV, phones, and complementary coffee. - C. Burke
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Huntsville Airport.
What to Expect
- The Huntsville airport has a single terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews for this airport since 2003. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Huntsville Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Huntsville Airport.
If sleeping in Huntsville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Four Points by Sheraton Huntsville Airport - Located on the airport grounds. The entrance to the hotel is in the airport.
- Hampton Inn Madison - (4 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Madison AL - (6 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Huntsville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport open 1 hour before the first flight departure and close when the last flight departs. Four Points by Sheraton airport hotel also has a restaurant, open from 6:00AM - 10:00PM (6:30AM on weekends), and a cocktail lounge open from 11:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Information Desk - There are 2 information kiosks located airside and landside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - Paradies Gift Shops are available landside and airside, open from 4:45 AM - 7:00PM airside, and until 9:00PM landside.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There is a smoking lounge located beside the bar (Airside).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis • Budget • Dollar / Thrifty • Enterprise • Hertz • National / Alamo.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Madison-Huntsville Hotel • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Huntsville-South • Embassy Suites Huntsville by Hilton Hotel & Spa • Hampton Inn Madison • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Huntsville Airport • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntsville West - Research Pk • La Quinta Inn & Suites Huntsville Airport Madison • Marriott Huntsville • SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown • SpringHill Suites Huntsville West/Research Park • The Westin Huntsville.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.