Jackson Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Jackson Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Upstairs from the main lobby/ticketing area is a comfortable space with good chairs and a view. The area is carpeted and comfortably airconditioned/heated. I fell right to sleep and was not bothered all night. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jackson Airport.
What to Expect
- The Jackson airport has a single terminal with three floors.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews for this airport since 2006. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Jackson Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available throughout Jackson Airport. Connect to the “JMAA WiFi” network.
If sleeping in Jackson Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ramada Pearl Jackson Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Quality Inn & Suites Jackson International Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson Flowood - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jackson Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two ATMs are located landside near the West Concourse, across from the On The Stage restaurant. A third ATM is located airside in the East Concourse, across from the art gallery.
- Baggage Carts - Smartecarte are available at the airport. Rates: unknown.
- Business Center - Location: Terminal 2, East and West concourse.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with the earliest open at 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Mississippi Braves Sam Adams kiosk • On Stage Restaurant • Sports Hall Café • Starbucks
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - There are two landside airport shops and another located airside. All three are open from 5:00AM - 7:30PM.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is strictly prohibited throughout the terminal building. There are smoking areas in front of the terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The following car rentals are available at Jackson Airport: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Level 1, Baggage Claim area.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Inn • Courtyard Jackson Airport/Pearl • Comfort Suites Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson-Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson Airport • Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jackson - Flowood • Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport • Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt. • Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport • Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl • Super 8 Pearl/Jackson East.
Metered taxis are readily available 24 hours a day in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.