Jacksonville Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Jacksonville Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Free WiFi access so I can upload this message and surf the net all night til I fall asleep.
- Marky Mark
Food Court. photo credit: LoneStarMike / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jacksonville International Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright and modern international airport with two concourses (Concourses A and C).
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and stash a take-out meal or snacks for later!
- Lots of power outlets throughout
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Lots of armrest-free cushioned benches throughout the terminal, so stake your claim. Have a travel blanket, sleeping mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy for a good night’s rest!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel on airport grounds and other nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Jacksonville Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Jacksonville airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Concourse A. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Location: Main terminal First Floor. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Jacksonville Airport. Connect to the “JAX-Free-Wifi” network.
If sleeping in Jacksonville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Airport - Located on JAX airport property, just 200 yards from the main terminal. Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Located on JAX airport property. Free 24-hr airport shuttle service. Shuttle also goes to cruise port upon request ($).
- SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport - (7 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle available on request.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport - (7 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport - (7 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jacksonville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Art exhibits are on display landside, airside, and in Baggage Claim. The main attraction is the Haskell Art Gallery, located airside in the center courtyard. Also available in the center courtyard is live entertainment, with shows from 11:00AM - 4:00PM.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located landside in the pre-security courtyard (just after Check-In), airside, and in Baggage Claim.
- Baby Care Facilities - A Lactation Suite is available airside, near the food court.
- Baggage Carts - available for a fee through Smarte Carte.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Entertainment - Time for a movie? In-Motion Entertainment offers rental services. Location: Airside. Near Concourse C.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 5:00AM and closed as late as 11:00PM (Sam Snead’s Tavern - landside). At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Games Room - Location: Courtyard, Landside. Hours: 24 hours (Daily)
- Haskell Art Gallery - Location: Courtyard. Hours: 24 hours (Daily)
- Information Desk - Location: In the pre-security courtyard, just after Check-In. Hours: 5:00AM - 6:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Meditation Room - Location: Landside, near the elevators between Baggage Claim and Ticketing.
- Shopping - A limited variety of retail and gift shops are available. Best Buy and Benefits Cosmetics has 24-hour kiosks, but all other shops are closed by 9:00PM at the latest.
- Showers - not available
- Spa - Comfort Zone Spa. Location: Airside and Landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA Security Checkpoint opens at 4:30AM and closes after the last flight.
The CT3 bus route, also known as Air JTA, offers express bus service between the airport and downtown Jacksonville. Stops along the route include River City Marketplace, Omni Hotel, Kings Avenue Station, Rosa Parks Transit Station and the Baymeadows/Philips Highway area. Buses depart the airport every :25 after the hour, from 6:25AM - 9:25PM on weekdays, and every 90 minutes on weekends. Bus fare is $1 per person, one-way. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the JTA website.
The following onsite car rental agencies are located near the baggage claim area: Alamo/National, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Aloft Jacksonville Airport • Comfort Suites Airport • Courtyard Jacksonville Airport/Northeast • Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel • Days Inn Jacksonville Airport • Doubletree by Hilton Jacksonville Airport • Econo Lodge • Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport • Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport • Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites • Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport • SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available outside of the baggage claim area on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and no reservations are required. For safety reasons, do not accept rides from solicitors inside of the airport. Rides can be arranged at the Taxi, Limousine and Shared-Ride Booths located at the curb outside of baggage claim area.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.