Kalamazoo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kalamazoo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Staff is friendly and ok with napping between flights but once the airport closes expect the boot by the local sheriffs. -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kalamazoo Airport.
What to Expect
- The Kalamazoo airport consists of a single terminal that serves 3 major carriers. There are 6 gates.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kalamazoo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Kalamazoo airport.
If sleeping in Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn Kalamazoo - (10 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle service, but the hotel is walkable from the airport.
- Country Inn & Suites Kalamazoo MI - (10 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle service, but the hotel is walkable from the airport.
- Residence Inn Kalamazoo East - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kalamazoo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Landside
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Food & Drinks - Tailwinds Restaurant offers full-service dining and bar. Location: airside. Hours: 4:30AM - last flight. Vending machines are available both landside and airside.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - Visit the Business Center to charge your mobile devices. Location: Airside.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 4:30AM - 30 minutes after the last flight. The TSA opens the security checkpoint at 5:00AM and closes when the last flight departs.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Metro Transit route 12 serves the airport. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Metro Transit website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Clarion Inn • Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo • Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West • Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area during airport operation hours. All taxis are metered, and no reservations are required.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.