Key West Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Key West Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
According to the cop, if you are found trespassing in any way (even it it's just sitting in the parking lot), you got yourself a free stay in jail. - wc
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Key West International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single terminal international airport with minimal shopping and dining options
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- According to our reviewers, sleeping is not permitted at the airport. This is strictly enforced! Sleeping on the beach or outside on airport property is also not allowed.
- If time and budget allows, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Key West Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Monroe Airport. Connect to “MC-Public” network. No log-in needed!
If sleeping in Key West Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hyatt Windward Pointe - (2 blocks from the airport) Shuttle service goes to the airport and Hyatt Key West Resort & Spa in Old City for $5 per person, each way.
- Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn - (7 min walk or 5 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 8:00AM to 10:00PM.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport, Old City, Duval Street, the beach, marinas, and Key West golf course. Shuttle is wheelchair-accessible.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Key West Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Three locations: Ticketing area, Departure lounge and Baggage Claim.
- Baby Care Facilities - Nursing mothers can breastfeed and care for their babies in private in the Mamava Suite, located in the Departures lounge. Changing tables are also available in restrooms throughout the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport has three gift shops.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Conch Flyer restaurant, First Call Beach Bar and Last Call Beach Bar.
- Mobile Charging - Recharge your cell phones and tablets at the mobile charging station.
- Shopping - Pick up some last minute items at one of three gift shops at the airport.
- Smoking - There is a smoking area located outside the terminal.
The terminal is open 4:30AM - 12:30AM.
Key West Airport is served by Keys City bus routes Green and Blue, and the Lower Keys Shuttle. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Key West Transit website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz and Thrifty. Alamo, Enterprise and National serve the airport in nearby off-site locations.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West • Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
Taxis are available at the ground transportation area of the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.