Lafayette Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lafayette Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Lafayette Regional Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny regional single terminal airport with only one combination restaurant/gift shop (landside only)
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- It is not possible to sleep in the airport overnight.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lafayette Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available on the first and second floor public areas, including the lounge and waiting areas. The signal is also accessible in the secure zone beyond the screening checkpoint.
If sleeping in Lafayette Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Lafayette - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 5:00AM to 10:00PM.
- Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Eve Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lafayette Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, located in the Baggage Claim area.
- Business Center - Offering free computer usage, free local calls and faxing, comfortable working area, power outlets and copy machine. 110V mobile charging table also available. Location: 2nd floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Breakfast, lunch, dinner, beer and gift shop items are available at the Acadiana Tap House, with locations both landside and airside. Airside location is open from 4:00AM until last flight departure. Landside location opens later at 7:00AM.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging - A 110V mobile charging station is available airside.
- Showers - not available
The airport's web site states "the airport is open 24 hours, but "the terminal is open 4:30AM - 11:00PM or for 30 minutes after the last plane lands". According to an email we received from the airport, it is not possible to stay in the airport overnight.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The following car rental companies have on-site car rental counters at Lafayette Airport: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Suites • Discovery Inn & Suites • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette • Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South • Hampton Inn & Suites Lafayette • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lafayette-South • Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette • Ramada Lafayette Conference Center • Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport • Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport • Wyndham Garden Lafayette.
Metered taxis are readily available at the airport 24 hours a day.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.