Lihue Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lihue Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Lihue Airport.
What to Expect
- The Lihue / Kauai airport has a single terminal. The airport is primarily open-air, and check-in is located completely outside.
- There are no 24 hour concessions available—the hours of the restaurants are dependent on that day’s flight schedule.
- We have not received any reviews for this airport. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is mostly open-air, finding a place to sleep may be difficult.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lihue Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lihue airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Hawaiian Airlines Premier Club - Location: Airside, opposite Gate 5. Hours: Currently closed for renovations (January - Summer 2015). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Premier Club Membership.
WiFi is not available at Lihue Airport.
If sleeping in Lihue Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport within a 4 mile distance:
- Kauai Beach Resort - (4 miles from the airport) Free airport shuttle
- The Kauai Inn - (3 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Garden Island Inn - (4 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lihue Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Two ATMs are located in the main lobby and two are located in baggage claim.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services – The entire terminal is on a single level. Curbside loading and unloading zones are available, as are accessible parking spaces. Porter services are available on request, as are motorized wheel chairs. Text telephones are located in the central lobby and car rental area.
- Food & Drink - Three dining options are available: A cafe, a full-service bar that serves food, and a Starbucks. The Starbucks and the cafe are open as early as 5:30AM, and if you need a cocktail or bite to eat late at night, the bar is open until 10:00PM.
- Information Desk – Located at baggage claim and open from 6:30AM to 9:00PM daily.
- Luggage Carts - Available to rent throughout the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mailbox – Located in the main lobby of the terminal.
- Shopping - Options are a gift shop, newsstand, and flower / lei stand.
- Smoking Area – The airport is a non-smoking facility. All permitted smoking areas are located outside the terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Lihue Airport is served daily by two bus routes, picking up and dropping off passengers at the median located in front of the airport terminal. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the County of Kauai website.
Car rental services are available at the booths located across the street from the airport terminal baggage claim area. Onsite car rental agencies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Taxis are available curbside near the baggage claim area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. The following one-way fares were current at the time of this update: Poipu $42- $52; Wailua-Waipouli $22- $27; Kauai Hilton $12; Lihue-Kukui Grove $9-$13; Princeville-Haena $88-$119.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.