Little Rock Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Little Rock Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I kept waking up about every half hour to a recording echoing from baggage claim about 'Welcome to Little Rock' - Whit
"I had been planning for 2 years to go to a 5-day convention in Philadelphia the immediately after Christmas. On the afternoon of Christmas, a major ice storm rips through the south, shutting down airports at DFW, XNA, LIT, TXK, SHV, and MEM. All flights on the 26th are cancelled, and I'm still grounded at home in Little Rock. On the 27th, a couple of late morning and early afternoon flights are moving, but the airline doesn't have any availible flights left for the rest of the day.
I rack my brain to figure out a way to get at the front of the line for standby and not have to drive before the roads freeze over at night. I convince my parents to drive me to the airport that afternoon and let me sleep there overnight. This was before September 11th, so you could go through checkpoint without a boarding pass, but Security would clear out the gates each night. I and one other soul found a bench immediately before the checkpoint in front of the Terminal Restaurant. The bench was wide and padded (although too short for me). I kept waking up about every half hour to a recording echoing from baggage claim about "Welcome to Little Rock".
Have you been to Little Rock Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
no information available
Free WiFi is available at Little Rock Airport. Connect to the "LRNAFreeWiFi" network.
If sleeping in the Little Rock Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle:
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Little Rock Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Arkansas Gallery: Location: 2nd level adjacent to the customer care office.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: lower level next to Starbucks • second level directly across from the Customer Care Center • concourse level near Gate 5.
- Car Rentals: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: unknown.
- Concerts: Free concerts are held every 1st and 3rd Friday on the Marketplace Stage
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Food / Dining - At the time of this update it was not know if there are any 24 hour food or beverage concessions.
»Landside: Starbucks • River Bend Bar & Grill
»Airside: Starbucks • Great American Bagel • Burger King • Pizza Hut • Ouachita Brew House • Ouachita Landing and more
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Little Rock Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 20 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.