Louisville Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Louisville Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Go to gate a10 and walk the aisle next to the windows to find three chairs in a row with no arms, perfect sleeping couch. - Denise
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Louisville Regional Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport with two concourses (Concourse A and Concourse B) and minimal variety of shopping and dining options.
- Concessions close at 9:00PM, so you should purchase water and snacks beforehand.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi below for for information.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night (9:00PM), passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Landside is brightly lit and lacking in comfortable places to sleep, but one reviewer mentioned that narrow, padded orange chairs can be found next to the Starbucks.
- If you are able to sleep airside before it closes, check out Gate A10. One reviewer noted that there is a row of three, armrest-free chairs along a window.
- There are no hotels directly at the airport. However, there are nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Louisville Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this airport.
Military Reception Area - Location: Landside, at the hallway behind the west ticket counters. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). However, according to a review we received in March 2017, the facility is rarely open except during the May - August. Amenities: A basic lounge with comfortable seating, free WIFI, and free snacks & beverages. Amenities are expected to increase and improve in the future, as the lounge is in the early planning stages of becoming an official USO lounge. Lounge Access: free of charge to members of the military and their families.
WiFi is available at Louisville Airport for a fee. Connect to the Boingo network.
If sleeping in Louisville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn Louisville Airport - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Springhill Suites Louisville Airport - (4 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, call 1-502-363-8800 or use the courtesy phone at the airport.
- Residence Inn Louisville Airport - (4 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, call from the courtesy phone at the airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Louisville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - You can find ATMS in the Upper Level Departures and the Airside Connector.
- Baggage Carts - Available landside in the Upper and Lower Levels of the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - 5/3 Bank offers full-service banking and currency exchange. Location: Upper Level, landside, Ticketing area. Hours 8:30PM - 5:30PM (Mon - Fri) and 9:00AM - 1:00PM (Sat and Sun).
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with many open as early as 5:00AM. If vending machine snacks don’t satisfy you late at night, there is a Starbucks open 24 hours on the upper level (landside).
- Games Room - Location - Upper Level Departures across from the American Airlines/US Airways check in.
- Information Desk - Location - Location: Arrivals Lower Level baggage claim area. Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri) • 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Tues, Sat) • 12:00PM - 12AM (Sun) • 12:00PM - 8:00PM (public holidays).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs - Location: Concourses A and B, and the Airside Connector.
- Meditation Room - A quiet space to de-stress and gather your thoughts. Location: Ticketing area, landside.
- Military Reception Area - Military personnel (from Fort Knox) are available to assist all military and their dependents upon arrival at the airport. Location: in the hallway behind the west ticket counters in the landside terminal.
- Mobile Charging Stations - Comfortable seating with built-in power outlets and USB ports can be found in Concourses A and B.
- Shopping - A variety of gift shops, newsstands, and retail stores are available throughout the airport.
- Showers - not available
The airport is opens at 4:00AM - last flight. The TSA security checkpoints are open 4:30AM - 9:00PM.
TARC bus “Route 2 - Second Street” daily service connects the airport with downtown Louisville. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the TARC website.
Car rental desks are located in the lower level baggage claim area. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. You can make a hotel reservation or request shuttle pick up by using the direct-dial courtesy phone on the Reservations Center calling board in the baggage claim area. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Breckinridge Inn • Comfort Suites Airport • Courtyard Louisville Airport • Courtyard by Marriott Louisville Downtown • Four Points by Sheraton Louisville Airport • Hampton Inn Louisville Airport • Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown • Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville East • Hilton Garden Inn Louisville Airport • Holiday Inn Airport & Fair/Expo Center • Holiday Inn Airport South • La Quinta Inn & Suites Louisville Airport • Residence Inn Louisville Airport • Springhill Suites Louisville Airport • The Brown Hotel.
Taxis are available at the median next to the taxi stand during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.