Madison Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Madison Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Luckily just close to the check in counters there are a bunch of couches in the waiting room, including full three seat couches that are perfect for sleeping on. - methy
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Madison Airport.
What to Expect
- The Madison airport has a single terminal with two levels.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews for this airport since 2009. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport closes each night, sleeping here is not possible.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Madison Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this airport.
If sleeping in Madison Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western East Towne Suites - (15 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available from 6:00AM to 11:00PM (requires 24-hr advance seat reservation).
- Crowne Plaza Madison - (15 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Howard Johnson Madison - (15 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Madison Airporton Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- WiFi is available at Madison Airport for a fee.
- Internet terminals are available in the business center.
- Baby Care Facilities - Mothers’ Lounges offer comfortable seating and table, changing table, power outlets and sink in a private setting. Locations: (airside, opposite Gate 8, off the women’s restroom labeled ‘Room 2802’) and (airside, between Gates 5 and 6, off the women’s restroom labeled ‘Room 2024’). A third Mothers’ Lounge is located landside within the Family Lounge on the 1st floor, across from the ticketing counters.
- Business Services - Fax and copy services are available at the Airport Administration Office. Location: airside, across from Gate 8. Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at Touch and Go Massage. 5 - 30 minute massages available. Locations: 2nd level concourse, airside, across from Gate 6
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There is a designated smoking section outside the airport.
The airport is open 4:00AM - until the last evening flight. This statement is made on their web site: " The terminal is closed temporarily each evening for maintenance and cleaning. Overnight guests are not permitted."
Metro Bus Route 20 runs between the North Transfer Point and East Towne Mall, via the airport. Take a “Route 20 - North Transfer Point” bus to head towards downtown Madison and the UW campus area, or a “Route 20 - East Towne Mall” bus to head towards the MATC campus area and East Towne Mall. Departures are every 30 minutes on weekdays and hourly on the weekends and holidays. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the City of Madison website.
Car rental desks are available near Door 6 of the baggage claim area. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Shuttles pick up at the median near Door 5. Some of the hotels can be reached by direct-dial courtesy phone, located between Bag Claims 1 and 2. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western East Towne Suites • Best Western Plus Inn on the Park • Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison • Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center • Comfort Inn & Suites Madison Airport • Crowne Plaza Hotel Madison • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Madison • Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison East • Graduate Madison • Hilton Madison Monona Terrace • HotelRED • Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Madison • Hyatt Place Madison • Madison Concourse Hotel • The Edgewater.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area outside of Door 7, at the north end of the baggage claim area.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.