Manchester Regional Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Manchester Regional Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This was probably the best airport I have ever been stranded in overnight!
photo source: krsistyn
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
What to expect
- A small, user-friendly airport that offers a good, but pricier, alternative to Boston Logan Airport
- Clean facilities, friendly and efficient security checkpoints and helpful airport staff
- Minimal shopping and dining options. Vending machines are available landside and airside.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- According to one reviewer, there are lots of couches and at least ten long, cushioned benches in the airport terminal.
- Long, padded benches can be found in baggage claim.
- Check out the upstairs “observatory” for a quiet place to chill.
- There are no hotels directly at the airport. However, there are nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Manchester Regional Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Eastern Bank Business Center - This is a free lounge designated for business travellers. Location: Airside, between Gates 4 and 5. Hours: 6:00AM - 7:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Manchester Regional Airport. Connect to the "FlyManchester" network.
If sleeping in Manchester Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Springhill Suites Manchester Boston Regional Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available on request.
- Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center - (8 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 5:00AM to Midnight.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Manchester Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available in two areas: Baggage Claim, 1st Floor (landside) • Gate 11 (airside)
- Baggage Carts - available
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Location: Second Level, Near the Observation Area access point.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules with most open between 5:00AM - 5:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are available in the baggage claim area, parking garage, the atrium (2nd floor) and airside near Gate 7.
- Luggage Carts - Locations: 1st floor (Baggage Claims A and B) and all levels of the Parking Garage.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Observation Area - Location: Third level.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Room - Locations: First Floor behind the escalators and by Gate G7.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
MTA Bus Route #3 runs between the center of New Hampshire and Canal St Transportation Center, stopping at the airport in either direction. MTA Bus Route #4 runs between Manchester Radisson in downtown Manchester and Concord Area Transit bus shelter in Concord, with some buses stopping at the airport along the way (ask driver before boarding). For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the MTA website.
Greyhound buses run between Burlington, Vermont and Boston’s South Station, stopping at the airport along the way. There are three daily departures going north or south. Contact Greyhound directly for more information.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Executive Court Inn & Conference Center • Comfort Inn Manchester Airport • Courtyard Manchester-Boston Regional Airport • Fairfield Inn Manchester-Boston Regional Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Downtown • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manchester Airport • Holiday Inn Manchester Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Manchester/Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Manchester • Quality Inn Manchester Airport • Radisson Hotel Manchester • SpringHill Suites Manchester Airport • TownePlace Suites Manchester-Boston Regional Airport.
East West Express offers economical shuttle service between the airport, downtown Manchester, Epping NH Park and Ride and the Portsmouth Transportation Center.
Taxis are available at the ground transportation area of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.