Mobile Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Mobile Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
wasn't any bigger than an average mall.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Mobile Airport.
What to Expect
- Mobile Regional Airport is small yet pleasant airport with two floors frequented by four major airline carriers.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Mobile Regional Airport quiets down around midnight, the security are friendly and will attend to any needs you may have. The airport announcements every 15 minutes could be annoying so earplugs may come in handy, but the couches are comfortable to sleep on. We haven’t received a review on this airport since 2004; if you’ve visited recently please write a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Mobile Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Executive Club - Offers free complimentary snacks and beverages, TV, magazines, and newspapers, Work areas with data ports. Lounge Access: One day pass ($10) / Annual pass ($50)
Free WiFi is available at Mobile Airport. Connect to the "Free Mobile Airport WiFi" network.
If sleeping in Mobile Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile - (6 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius) runs daily from 7:00AM to 10:00PM.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Providence Park Mobile Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and immediate area.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Mobile Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMs. Locations: First Floor (landside) and near the Cruise City Bar and Grill (airside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport. Food options include: Carpe Diem Coffee & Tea (landside/airside) • Chart Room Bar (landside - 21 and older only) • Cruise City Bar & Grill (airside) • Quizno’s (landside).
- Information Desk - Location: center of the first floor in the terminal. Hours: 5:00AM - last flight arrival
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Valet Car Wash - If you are leaving you car at the airport with the valet you can request a car wash so that you have a nice clean car when you see it again. Rate: $15
The airport is open daily from 4:30AM - 11:30PM.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. Budget is located across the street from the airport, and Toyota Rent a Car provides free shuttle service to its nearby off-site location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Grand Hotel Marriott Resort • Holiday Inn Mobile Airport • Holiday Inn Mobile West I-10 • Homewood Suites by Hilton Mobile • Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
Taxis are readily available at the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.