Moline Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moline Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The staff at Moline simply cannot resist the lure of the PA system, and they spend all day on it jawing like truckers with a CB radio. - Joe
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Quad City International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny airport, offering very limited shopping and dining options
- Delays and cancellations due to inclement weather
- WiFi is available at the airport. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- One reviewer mentions a “nap area”, with comfortable deep-reclining chairs, no entry fee required.
- Overhead announcements at the airport are loud and frequent. Keep earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy!
- There are a few hotels adjacent to the airport and other hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Moline Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Destination Points Business Center
Offers two High Speed Internet Connections; Complimentary bottled water, coffee and cappuccino Cable TV & cozy Fireplace. Location: Concourse B before AirTran and United Gates. Lounge Access: Complimentary membership is available to travellers with at least 10 round trip flights per year out of the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Moline Airport. Connect to the "QC Airport Terminal Public WiFi" network.
If sleeping in Moline Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Moline Quad City International Airport - (2 minute walk or 5 min ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport. Free airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Express Moline Quad Cities - (2 minute walk or 5 min ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport. Free airport shuttle service available.
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Moline Airport- (4 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Moline Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art Gallery - Location: across from the main restaurant in the public waiting area.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs / Cash Machines - One ATM is located landside by the gift shop, and another is located airside by the Gevalia Cafe.
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are available in the restrooms.
- Business Center - Location: Destination Points, Airside, Concourse B
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - No duty free shops are available. There are two gift shops: landside, south of the hanging airplane (Hours: 4:00AM-4:30PM) • airside, past security check on Concourse B (Hours: 4:00AM - until last flight boards).
- Food & Drinks - There is a full-service restaurant/lounge located landside in the main terminal open daily from 5:00AM until last flight (cocktail start at 11:00AM). The Gevalia Cafe and snack bar are available airside, between the concourses, open daily from 4:30AM until last flight. Vending machines are also available.
- Information Desk - Location: near the gift shop, across from the restrooms near the hanging airplane. Hours: 8:00AM - 4:30PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage - Chair massages are available Monday to Friday. Location: Concourse B. Fees: unknown.
- Postal Services - Yes, located by the mailboxes.
- Showers - not available
- Work Stations - Locations: Concourse B, Airside.
The airport is open from 4:30AM until last flight arrival of the day. It is very rare for a traveller to need to sleep in this airport overnight. We are told that if you intend to do so, you should notify airport security or airport administration.
METRO bus route 20 links the airport with central Moline. Buses stop in front of the terminal twice an hour from 6:10AM - 6:10PM on weekdays (service starts at 8:40AM on weekends). For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the QC MetroLINK website.
RIM Rural Transit offers on-demand service between the airport and rural areas throughout Rock Island and Mercer Counties in coordination with MetroLINK. For further information, visit the RIM Rural Transit website.
Car rental desks are located on the east end of the terminal in the baggage claim area, near exit Doors 6 and 7. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport • Holiday Inn Express Moline - Quad Cities • Holiday Inn Rock Island • Hotel Blackhawk Autograph Collection • Hotel Davenport and Conference Center • Isle Casino Hotel Bettendorf • Motel 6 Quad City Airport Moline • Radisson on John Deere Commons • Radisson Quad City Plaza Hotel • Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Moline
Taxis are available in a designated area at the east end of the terminal, near baggage claim exit Door 7. All taxis are metered, and reservations are required by some operators during evening hours. Taxi service can also be requested by direct-dial courtesy phones, available at the phone board in baggage claim.
Last Updated: 21 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.