Monroe Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Monroe Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
it is surprisingly clean and the staff was very nice. I am so used to stripping down for security, they laughed at me and told me to put my shoes on. - D from Las Vegas
November 2012 - I've been to MLU in the past and they now are boarding planes from the jetbridge instead of tarmac. Free parking and security is easy. Taxi service has greatly improved.The Louisiana cafe inside the restaurant is ok too. A big improvement from a year ago.
Have you been to Monroe Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
At the time of this update, there are no pay-per-use lounges available.
Free WiFi is available at Monroe Airport.
If sleeping in Monroe Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Residence Inn Monroe - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone in baggage claim at the airport.
- Towneplace Suites Monroe - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, call 1-318-387-7277 or use the courtesy phone in baggage claim at the airport.
- Courtyard Monroe Airport - (4 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone in baggage claim at the airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Monroe Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art Gallery - The art gallery displays work by local and regional artists. Located in Terminal A.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at this airport. Unique Food for the Soul restaurant is located in building A (Hours: 5:00AM - 2:00PM Mon-Fri). Flight 318 bar offers wine and mixed drinks and is located in the main terminal.
- Information Desk - Location: located on the Arrivals level.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 4:30AM - last flight.
From the airport: "For security reasons the Terminal is "locked down" between 11:00PM and 4:30AM and therefore passengers, and other persons, are not permitted to enter the Terminal during this time, nor sleep in the Terminal overnight."
Bus route 12 serves the airport from 6:00AM - 6:45PM, weekdays only. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the City of Monroe website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Hertz and National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Clarion Inn & Suites and Conference Center • Courtyard Monroe Airport • Residence Inn Monroe • TownePlace Suites Monroe
Taxis are available at the ground transportation area of the airport during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 21 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.