Monterey Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Monterey Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There is a hotel walking distance from the airport. Monterey is a tourist area so sometimes, hotels will sell out or be prohibitively expensive. Plan ahead. - a traveller (2016)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Monterey Airport.
What to Expect
- Monterey Airport is a small airport frequented by four major carriers. The terminal is open from 4am until the arrival of the last flight and is open 7 days a week 365 days a year.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- This airport is not 24 hours so you won’t be able to have an overnight stay, we also don’t have any information available about the seating available in the airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Monterey Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at the airport.
If sleeping in Monterey Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Inn Monterey Peninsula Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Super 8 Monterey - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Monterey - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Monterey Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - No duty free shops are available but there are some small shops to buy souvenirs.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate on varying schedules, with most open at 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Golden Tee Restaurant & Bar • Golden Tee Snack Bar • Fly Away Cafe.
The airport is open from 4:00AM until the arrival of the last flight.
Several companies offer car rentals onsite. Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National
Taxis are available outside the terminal. Only authorized taxis are allowed; no reservations necessary.
Last Updated: 21 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.