Newport News Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Newport News Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Newport News Airport.
What to Expect
- Newport News International Airport is open 24 hours 7 days a week; it is serviced by two major airlines.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have yet to receive a review on Newport News International Airport, if you’ve visited recently please write a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Newport News Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this airport.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, snacks, and reading materials. Location: Landside, main lobby. Hours: 9:00AM - 7:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Newport News airport. Connect to the “Airport Courtesy” network.
If sleeping in Newport News Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Suites Newport News Airport - Less than 20 minutes walking distance from the airport, this is the closest hotel to the airport. Free airport transfers are also available.
- Comfort Inn - (1 mile from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs 24-hr per day.
- Courtyard Newport News Airport - (½ mile from the airport) Free airport shuttle (must be pre-arranged)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Newport News Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is a First Advantage Federal Credit Union ATM available landside in the main atrium. A TowneBank ATM is located airside near the gates.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Conference Facilities – There is a meeting room located in the main atrium, near the Hudson News store.
- Currency Exchange – Available in the Peninsula Airport Commission (PAC) office, located near Baggage Claim in the main terminal building. Hours: 9:00AM - 4:00PM (Mon-Thurs) and 9:00AM - 2:30PM (Fri).
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is a Hudson News shop located landside in the airport, selling news, books and gifts.
- Food & Drink - At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options except for some vending machines. The airport offers complimentary snacks and water. The snacks table is located in Concourse B, opposite to gate B2.
- Information desk – There is a welcome center in the main atrium (landside).
- Luggage Carts – Available free of charge at the main entrance doors.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Car rental services are available in the baggage claim area of the terminal. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Zipcar.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Suites Airport • Courtyard Newport News Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point) • Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown • Hilton Garden Inn Newport News • Holiday Inn Express Newport News • Residence Inn Newport News Airport.
Taxis are available at the west end of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 26 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.