Northwest Florida Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Northwest Florida Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I have never been to an airport with employees that seem to have SO little to do ..that making a customer's experience an absolute Hell is the highlight of their day. - Guest Reviewer
This airport closes at approx. 10:00PM - 4:00AM. It is not possible to stay inside the terminal. You will be asked to leave!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Northwest Florida Airport.
What to Expect
- A small regional airport with clean, modern facilities.
- Services are limited. The one saving grace is the availability of free WiFi. See WiFi below.
- Food options are limited. Eat before you are arrive.
Where to Sleep
- If you have any early morning flight, do not plan to sleep in this airport, as it closes at night. A security officer will make the rounds at approx. 10:00PM asking travellers to leave.
- There are no hotels on airport grounds, but there are nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Northwest Florida Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this airport.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, snacks, and reading materials. Location: unknown. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Northwest Florida Airport. Connect to the “I Fly Beaches” network.
If sleeping in Northwest Florida Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base - (Less than 9 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Quality Inn At Eglin Air Force Base - (Less than 9 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn At Eglin Air Force Base - (Less than 5 miles from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Northwest Florida Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - ATMs are located near the main entrance and on the upper level of the concourse.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby-changing facilities are available in the airport’s family restrooms.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Disabled Services – Requests for additional support should be made with your airline.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Gift shops are located landside near security, and on the upper and lower levels.
- Food & Drink - Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Helen Back Café • Quizno’s • Tropical Landing Bar
- Family Services – Family restrooms with baby changing stations are available.
The airport is open from 4:00AM - 12:00AM.
A reader has let us know that the airport closes between 10:00PM - 4:00AM. He says "the airport that is near Fort Walton beach which is called Northwest regional airport closes its doors and makes all people leave the airport at 10:00PM till 4:00AM for the flight that leaves at 6:00AM. Our son was stranded their on Jan 2, 2016. the police told everyone to leave at 10:00PM as the airport will close and will not reopen till 4:00AM for the flight that leaves at 6:00AM to Atlanta Ga. It was very cold that night and our son had to walk 4 miles to the nearest waffle house to get inside for the night. When he got back lots of people were standing outside waiting for the airport to open. We were unaware that the airport was closed for the night."
The following companies have desks in the baggage claim lobby on the lower level. Onsite car rental agencies include: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Holiday Inn at Eglin Air Force Base.
Shared-ride transportation services offer an economical way to travel between the airport and city center. Taxis - Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 26 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.