Oklahoma City Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Oklahoma City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I took several of the small mattresses from cribs and had a great snooze.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Oklahoma City Airport.
What to Expect
- Oklahoma City or Will Rogers World Airport is a small to medium sized airport, with three levels in the terminal and 17 gates. It is serviced by three major airline carriers.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Landside: one traveller says there are comfortable places in the main lobby and arrivals area.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel on airport grounds and several nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Oklahoma City Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
YMCA Military Welcome Center - The center provides refreshment, internet access, long-distance phone service, stamps and stationary, games and hi-definition satellite TV on a big screen. Location: Bay O of the cargo annex, 130 yards from Baggage Claim 1. Hours: 9:00AM - 11:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat - Sun). Lounge Access: open to members of the military.
If sleeping in Oklahoma Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Airport - Located on the airport grounds, adjacent to the airport terminal. Free 24-hr shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Oklahoma City Airport- (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oklahoma City Airport- (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Oklahoma City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Oklahoma City Airport. To connect, select "Boingo Hotspot" in your network settings and then “Complimentary WiFi".
- Art in the Airport - Art exhibitions are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two ATM’s are located landside near the west security checkpoint and the American Airlines ticket counter. A third ATM is located in the walkway between Gates 12 and 14.
- Baggage Carts - available for $4 fee. Visa and Mastercard are accepted.
- Business Services - Faxing, copying and notary services available at the airport’s administration office. Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are available landside.
- Information Desk - Located at Main Entrance both Lower and Upper Level.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs - Massage Chairs can be found throughout the terminal concourse. Fees: unknown.
- Mobile Charging - ChargeCarte Phone Chargers are located in the center concourse, near Gate 18, and in the connector walkway between Gates 14 and 16. Fee: unknown.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There is smoking lounge is located in the corridor next to the Big 12 Shop, across from Gate 14.
- Traveler's Aid - This is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Locations: Ticketing Level (Hours: 10:00AM - 10:00PM) • Across from American Airlines Baggage Claim (Hours: 10:00AM - 10:00PM).
The airport is open 24 hours. The two TSA security checkpoints open at 4:00AM and 4:30AM and close 30 minutes after the last flight. The secure area (airside) is cleared out, so no overnight stays are possible.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Jefferson Bus Lines offers once a day return service between Bartlesville and Oklahoma City, via OKC Airport. Contact Jefferson Bus Lines directly for route, schedule and fare information.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the baggage claim area: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: AmericInn Hotel & Suites Oklahoma City Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Oklahoma City Airport • Courtyard Oklahoma City Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oklahoma City Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City - Will Rogers World Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City Airport • Holiday Inn Oklahoma City Airport North • Hyatt Place OKC Airport • La Quinta Inn Oklahoma City Airport • Wingate by Wyndham Oklahoma City Airport • Wyndham Garden Oklahoma City.
Airport Express and Oklahoma Shuttle/Lightning Express offer shared-ride door-to-door service between the airport and the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. The following sample one-way fares (per person) to/from the airport were current at the time of this update: downtown Oklahoma City $16 - $20; Norman $33 - $38, Edmond $33; Oak Tree $45 and Del City/Midwest City $29.
Taxis are available in the transportation plaza on the lower level, just outside of the baggage claim area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, the estimated fare between the airport and downtown Oklahoma City is from $24 - $26.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.