Omaha Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Omaha Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
you will find several groupings of couches with immovable arms but with REMOVABLE cushions. Many of us lifted the cushions off the couches and place them on the recently carpeted floor to make a mattress. - Zarjoe
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Omaha Eppley Airfield.
What to Expect
- Omaha Eppley Airfield is made up of the North Terminal (Concourse B) and South Terminal (Concourse A) with a total of 20 gates between the two.
- Scooters Coffee in the North Terminal is open 24 hours.
- TSA announcements play every 20 minutes - even through the night. Noise cancelling headphones or ear plugs will come in handy.
- Free WiFI is available. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Chair have armrests, so you will need to sleep on the floor.
- There are no hotels connected to the airport or on airport grounds. See Airport Hotels below for nearby suggestions.
Good to Know
- Do not use the pay phones with debit cards! One traveller reports of being charged $17.20 + .14 international transaction fee for a two minute call.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Omaha Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Omaha Airport.
If sleeping in Omaha Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport Carter Lake - (8 min from the airport) This is the closest hotel to Eppley Airfield. Free airport shuttle service available.
- Candlewood Suites Omaha Airport - (9 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Airport - (9 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Omaha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (upper and lower levels).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. TScooter’s Coffee (North Terminal Food Court) is open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
The following car rental agencies are located on the lower level near Door 3: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Omaha Airport Inn • Candlewood Suites-Omaha Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Omaha Airport • Courtyard Omaha Downtown • Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown • Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown • Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area • Hilton Omaha • Holiday Inn Omaha Downtown Airport • Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown • La Quinta Inn & Suites Omaha Airport Downtown • Quality Inn & Suites Council Bluffs • Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area • Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Omaha • Super 8 Omaha Eppley Airport/Carter Lake
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available on the lower level in the ground transportation area near Door 3. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Shared-ride shuttles may or may not require a reservation. Contact your service provider of choice for details.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.