Ontario Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ontario Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the seats have armrests, but the airline employees are generally very nice, and the security will ignore you totally. - Lydia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ontario Airport.
What to Expect
- Ontario Airport is made up of Terminal 2, Terminal 4 and an International Arrivals Terminal. The terminals are connected by an Inter-Terminal Shuttle. See Airport Transportation below.
- Food options are reportedly of poor quality and the concessions close early (6:00PM), so if you have an evening flight you may not have any food.
- Free WiFI is available. See WiFi below.
- Security announcements are frequent and annoying! Noise cancelling headphones or ear-plugs may come in handy.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we had no current reviews from travellers who slept in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- There are no hotels connected to the airport or on airport grounds. See Airport Hotels below for nearby suggestions.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ontario Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: TV lounge, snacks, computers, library, and a child care area. Location: West Wing. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
If sleeping in Ontario Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Comfort Suites Ontario Convention Center - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ontario Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Ontario airport for four hours. Connect to “ONT-WiFi” network.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Landside, near Gate 206 and Airside, near Gate 407.
- Baggage Carts - Available throughout the airport. Fees: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Pricing at these concessions is guaranteed to match “street pricing”. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Auto Club Speedway • Carl’s Jr • Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf • El Paseo Cafe & Bar • Round Table Pizza • Schlotzsky’s Deli
- Information Desk - Location: Terminal 4, Lower Level. Hours unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Traveler's Aid - This is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Locations: Terminal 2, between baggage claim and escalator • Terminal 4, between baggage claim and escalator. Hours: 9:00AM - 9:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
OmniTrans Bus Route 61 (Fontana - Ontario Mills - Pomona) links Ontario Airport to Ontario, Pomona, Montclair and Fontana. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the OmniTrans website.
Car rental services are handled in ConRAC, a consolidated facility on airport property that house the onsite car rental agencies. ConRAC is connected to the airport terminals via free shuttle service. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. Advantage, FOX and Payless offer free shuttle service from ConRAC to their nearby off-site locations.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus InnSuites Ontario Airport E Hotel & Suites • Best Western Plus Ontario Airport • Comfort Suites Ontario Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport • Fairfield Inn Ontario • Holiday Inn Ontario Airport • Ontario Airport Hotel and Conference Center • Ontario Airport Inn • Quality Inn Ontario Airport Convention Center • Red Roof Inn Ontario Airport • Residence Inn Ontario Airport • Sheraton Ontario Airport Hotel.
ONT Courtesy Shuttles run between the airport terminals, Parking Lot 5 and the ConRAC facility. Shuttles run as frequently as every 5 minutes during peak times, and every 20 minutes or more between the hours of 12:00AM - 3:00AM. Shuttles to Parking Lot 5 run 24 hours a day. Inter-terminal shuttles run daily from 5:00AM - 12:00PM and 6:00PM - 10:00PM. Shuttles to ConRAC run daily from 3:00AM - 1:00AM (last shuttle at 12:00AM on Sundays).
SuperShuttle offers door-to-door shared ride service between the airport and the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Shuttles pick up curbside outside of the baggage claim area. Reservations are highly recommended, but not required. SuperShuttle representatives are available onsite from 9:00AM - 3:30PM and 4:30PM - 11:00PM at Terminal 2, or from 8:30AM - 3:00PM and 5:30APM - 12:00PM at Terminal 4.
Taxis are available curbside outside of the baggage claim area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Onsite assistance is available daily from 7:00AM - 12:00AM.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.