Palm Springs Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Palm Springs Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
be the first to leave a comment about this airport
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Palm Springs International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and cheery single terminal airport with two concourses (Bono Concourse and Regional Concourse)
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of June 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have slept at this airport
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Palm Springs Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: TV Lounge, Snacks, Sleeping Area. Location: Adjacent to Luggage Claim Area, within 100 yards of the Main Terminal and adjacent to the U.S. Customs facility. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily) * extended hours available for large troop movements.
Free WiFi is available at Palm Springs Airport. Connect to the "PSPAIRPORT" network.
If sleeping in Palm Springs Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels with a free airport shuttle are:
- Courtyard Palm Springs - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone in the baggage claim area.
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request.
- Hyatt Palm Springs - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle available daily from 7:00AM to 11:00PM. For airport pick-up, claim luggage and then call 760-322-9000 to notify the valet of your arrival. Notify the hotel if you need pick-up with a wheelchair lift.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Palm Springs Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Main Terminal, near the Security Checkpoint entrance • Bono Concourse (Gates 4-11) • Regional Concourse (Gates 12-20).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Location: Terminal Courtyard
- Currency Exchange - Anderson Travel, located off-site, is the closest foreign currency exchange. Call ahead for service.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: California Vintages Wine Bar • Celebrity Bistro Cafe & Bar • La Brea Bakery/Palm Springs Tap Room Bar • Starbucks (two locations) • 12th Fairway Bar & Grill
- Information Desk - Location: Near the central lobby on the way to the baggage claim wing of the terminal. Also, if you require assistance look for the airport ambassadors wearing teal shirts.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Terminal Courtyard - Relax and wait for your flight in the Terminal Courtyard. The area includes art, water features, patio seating, coffee shop, a wine bar, restroom facilities, a pet relief area and a Children's playground.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Desert Rent-A-Car, Dollar, Enterprise, GO Rentals, Hertz, National, Small Time Luxury Car Rentals and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Courtyard Palm Springs • Desert Riviera Hotel • Hard Rock Hotel Palm Springs • Hilton Palm Springs Hyatt Palm Springs • L'Horizon Resort & Spa • Old Ranch Inn • Palm Mountain Resort & Spa • Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel.
Taxis and Shuttles
Metered taxis and shared-ride shuttles are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.