Pensacola Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Pensacola Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I asked an airport policeman if it would be o.k. to spend the night, he said that there was no problem and he would be by now and then to check on myself and a few other passengers
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Pensacola Airport.
What to Expect
- Pensacola Airport is a small airport with one terminal and twelve gates. It is service by five major airline carriers.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The last review submitted for Pensacola Airport was 2000; it said that the airport is quiet after 11pm and the security kept an eye on passengers spending the night in the airport. If you have visited this airport recently and have updated information please write a review!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the airport and several nearby hotels that provide an airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Pensacola Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, snacks, computers, library and a child care area. Location: Terminal Lobby, 2nd floor, next to the restaurant. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Pensacola Airport on the 1st and 2nd levels .
If sleeping in Pensacola Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport - A new hotel, located adjacent to the airport terminal and connected via covered walkway. Free airport shuttle also available. Airport pick-up may be arranged in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
- Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport - Located across from the airport terminal. Free shuttle service to the airport and area businesses.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Pensacola Airport - (7 min walk from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Pensacola Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: First floor, by the escalator • Across from Einstein Bros. Bagels Restaurant on Concourse between Gates 4 and 6.
- Baby Care Facilities - A nursing room is located in the baggage claim area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Drinking Water - Thirsty? Water bottle filling stations can be found at Gates 2, 5, 7 & 8.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Paradies Shops sell gifts, stamps and phone cards. Hours vary. Location: landside, 2nd floor • airside, between Gates 4 and 6.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Chick-Fil-A • Einstein Bros Bagels • Freshens • Pensacola Beach House Restaurant.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging Stations - Location: Airside, Gates 2, 5, 7, 8
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Hampton Inn Pensacola Airport (Cordova Mall Area) • Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport-Medical Center • Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area) • Hyatt Place Pensacola Airport.
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. There is a minimum fare of $11 for airport trips.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.