Reno Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Reno Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Every place in the food court was closed. We were starved, had been flying all day. We had to take a cab to a nearby 7-11 to get some food and beverage." - CarolaLSB
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Reno-Tahoe International Airport.
What to Expect
- A single terminal airport with two concourses (Concourses B and C) and a small variety of shopping and dining options
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- There are large U-shaped padded benches in the baggage claim, perfect for tall travelers! Another plus is the nearby bathrooms.
- Padded benches are available by the airline ticketing/check-in counters
- Keep some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out those loud and annoying overhead announcements!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Reno Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Reno Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport - (10 min walk or 7 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel - (10 min walk or 4 min ride from the airport) Free shuttle to the airport and local casinos.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airport & Convention Center - (15 min walk or 6 min ride from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and select casinos and businesses in the nearby area.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Reno Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Reno Airport. Connect to the "Airport Courtesy WiFi" network.
- Art in the Airport - There are five Wells Fargo ATMs in the airport. Locations: Baggage Claim (next to Carousel 3) ▪ Main Lobby (near Peet’s Coffee & Tea) ▪ Concourse B ▪ Concourse C ▪ Gateway Concourse (2nd floor, near High Mountain Marketplace).
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 5 ATMs (landside and airside).
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available for a fee of $5. Credit cards are accepted.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Location: second level beside McDonald’s
- Courtesy Phones - Make free local and toll-free phone calls from any of the courtesy phones located on the 1st floor of the terminal building, or in the Productivity Centers.
- Currency Exchange - Not available
- Dog Parks - Your furry best friend needs a break too! Check out the covered Gate K-9 Bark Park, located north of Baggage Claim. To find it, follow the sidewalk paw prints from Exit Door D (near Ground Transportation). A second bark park is located south of the building, just outside of the Southwest Airlines ticketing counters.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate according to flight schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are available in the airport.
- Gaming Machines - Location: Landside - Main Lobby • Airside - both Terminals
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs - Location: both Concourses
- Mobile Charging - The Productivity Center features wall outlets for plugging in electronic devices and counter tops to use as work stations. Locations: Landside - Main Lobby • Airside - near Gate C1 and near Gate B2
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Reno Airport is served by city Bus Route 19, which runs Monday through Friday between the airport and downtown Reno, offering connections to Amtrak, the 4th Street bus station and points in between. The airport bus stop is located outside of the north end of the baggage claim area. For route maps, schedules and fare information for Bus Route 19 and other city buses, visit the RTC Transit website.
Car rental desks are located in the baggage claim area. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Atlantis Casino Resort Spa • Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel • Circus Circus Hotel and Casino-Reno • Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Reno • Homewood Suites by Hilton Reno • Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport • La Quinta Inn Reno • Nugget Casino Resort • Peppermill Resort Spa Casino • Quality Inn • Siena Hotel.
North Lake Tahoe Express offers daily shuttle service between the airport and the North Lake Tahoe/Truckee area. Their service desk is located between doors A & B in the baggage claim area. South Tahoe Airporter offers scheduled shuttle service, on a daily basis, to the following South Lake Tahoe resorts: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Harrah's, Harvey’s, Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel, Lakeside Inn and MontBleu. Their service desk is located near Baggage Claim 5.
Taxis are available outside of the D doors at the north end of the baggage claim area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Most major downtown Reno hotels are about 10 minutes from the airport, via taxi.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.