Roanoke Regional Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Roanoke Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
a kind security guard took pity on my poor self and let me stay upstairs in the main lobby area along with another poor soul. - ramblurr
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Roanoke Airport.
What to Expect
- The Roanoke airport has a single terminal with two floors.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport since 2008. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed late at night, sleeping here is not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Roanoke Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Roanoke Airport. Connect to the " ROA-WiFi" network.
If sleeping in Roanoke Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- MainStay Suites Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Roanoke Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Ambassadors - Look for the volunteers wearing red vests. Location: Landside, across from the US Airways/American ticket counter.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: to the left of the restaurant entrance (second floor, landside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - not available
- Food & Drinks - McAlister’s is the sole dining option at the airport, offering a full-service restaurant/bar both landside and airside. The landside location opens at 4:30AM and the airside location opens at 5:00AM, with both locations closed after last flight departure. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Workstations - desks are available at various points in the concourse (airside) and along the second floor (landside). Electrical outlets are nearby.
The airport is open from 3:30AM - 1:00AM.
The Smart Way commuter bus offers service between downtown Roanoke and Virginia Tech Squires Student Center, via Roanoke Airport.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo. Location: first floor, near the baggage claim.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View • Cambria Hotel & Suites • Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport • Courtyard Roanoke Airport • Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View • Hyatt Place Roanoke • MainStay Suites Airport • Quality Inn Roanoke Airport • Residence Inn Roanoke Airport • Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center • The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center Curio Collection by Hilton.
Metered taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.