Rochester Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rochester Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was able to pull two very comfortable, long benches together to make a genuine bed for myself. Very nicely padded, too. I had quite a nice sleep - dave_de_toronto
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Rochester Airport.
What to Expect
- This airport is located in New York. See also Rochester, Minnesota.
- The Rochester airport has a single terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- There are no 24 hour concessions at the airport, so if you plan to stay the night, be sure to purchase food before the restaurants close down.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews on this airport since 2009. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rochester Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Rochester Airport available throughout the terminal and in the Frontier Business Centre.
If sleeping in Rochester Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Fairfield Inn Rochester Airport - (7 min walk from the airport) Located across the street from the airport. Free airport shuttle service available on request. For airport pick-up, call 1-585-529-5000 or use the courtesy phone in the baggage claim area.
- Best Western Inn at Rochester Airport - (9 min walk from the airport) Located across the street from the airport. Free airport shuttle service available. Shuttle runs on a schedule to the airport for drop-offs. Airport pick-up is available on demand..
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rochester Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located in the food court and baggage claim.
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available to rent for a $4 fee, with a 25-cent refund upon return. The carts can be found at the ends of the baggage claim area, and the first floor of the parking garage.
- Business Center - The Frontier Business Center offers a quiet area to work, with free use of private workstations, free WiFi and wired internet access. Data ports and telephones are also available for use for a fee. Location: Concourse A, airside. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Landside, Lower Level. Hours: open 24 hours
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some options open as early as 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Viewing Area - There is a 3,800sq ft observation area open to the public. Location: Upper west area of the ticketing lobby.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Rochester Transit Service (RTS) connects the airport to most areas throughout the Rochester metropolitan area. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the RTS website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. Alamo offers free shuttle service to its nearby offsite location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Rochester Marketplace Inn • Best Western The Inn At Rochester Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Rochester-Brighton • Courtyard Rochester Brighton • Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Rochester • Fairfield Inn Rochester Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester/Henrietta • Quality Inn Rochester Airport • Radisson Hotel Rochester Airport • Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside • Staybridge Suites Rochester University.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.