Sacramento Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Sacramento Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There is Free WiFi in the entire airport. There are not many comfortable places to sit/sleep however. - brassratgirl
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sacramento International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and efficient international airport with two terminals (Terminals A and B) and a nice variety of shopping and dining options
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- Clean facilities and lots of power outlets throughout
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Chairs and power outlets are available in a “quiet room” located landside next to Terminal A. If you have a travel mattress and blanket handy, you can get good sleep on the floor.
- Comfortable couches are available at the base of the escalators in Terminal A
- Have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out those annoying overhead announcements!
- Several benches are available landside near Terminal B, in an area near the light rail. Power outlets and nearby late-night dining options sweeten the deal!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Sacramento Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Sacramento Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport Natomas - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas - (8 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Sacramento Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Sacramento Airport. Connect to the "FlySacramento" network. Additionally, there are internet stations are located in the terminals.
- Art in the Airport - Art exhibits are on display throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - 9 locations throughout the airport.
- Baby Care Facilities - Lactation rooms offer comfortable seating, sink and power outlets. Location: airside, adjacent to the women’s restrooms.
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available for a $3 rental fee from vending machines in baggage claim, at the terminal entrance doors and the parking garage.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available in the airport. The closest foreign currency exchange is a Travelex branch inside a Westamerica Bank in Sacramento.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 4:00AM and most closed by 9:00PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massages - Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at the Massage Bar. 10, 15 and 30 minute massages available. Locations: Terminal B, airside Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM (Sun-Fri), 9:00AM - 6:00PM (Sat).
- Quiet Room - Location: Terminal A, Landside, Upper Level
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours. TSA security checkpoints are open 4:00 AM - 12:30 AM according to flight schedule. The concourses close 30 minutes after the last flight has landed (usually between midnight and 1:00AM).
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Yolobus public bus routes 42A (clockwise) and 42B (counter-clockwise) link the airport with downtown Sacramento, West Sacramento and Davis. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Yolobus website.
Car rental services are available in the rental car terminal, a separate facility located on airport property and connected to the airport terminals via free shuttle service. Rental car shuttles run every 10 minutes, stopping at Terminal A (Center Island) and Terminal B (East Commercial Curb). On-site car rental agencies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty. Advance Rent A Car provides free transportation from the rental car terminal to its nearby off-site location.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Courtyard Sacramento Airport Natomas • Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Airport Natomas • Four Points by Sheraton Sacramento International Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Airport-Natomas • Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland • Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Sacramento • Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento/South Natomas • Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Airport Natomas • Holiday Inn Express Woodland • Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport-Natomas • La Quinta Inn Sacramento Downtown • Residence Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas • SpringHill Suites by Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas • Staybridge Suites Sacramento Natomas.
SuperShuttle offers on-demand, door-to-door shared-ride service between the airport and Sacramento, Yolo, El Dorado, Placer, San Joaquin, Yuba, Butte, Solano, Sutter, and Nevada counties. Shuttles can be found in the ground transportation areas of the airport terminals. Reservations are recommended.
Taxis are available curbside in the ground transportation areas of the airport terminals. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.