Salt Lake City Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Salt Lake City Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was really impressed on how I felt the employees would watch out for us, but not suspiciously. - unknown
"A decent place to rest! Just have to look around a little bit. This set is at A2." (photo by df )
"Lets face it sleeping in the airport stinks but SLC was the best experience i have ever had doing it. If you have to overnight do it here. I overnighted at Denver DEN before and it was much worse in almost every way. Its best to just get a few naps in or hang out and sleep on the plane so your luggage is safe. This airport made it pretty easy to kill time compared to other regional hubs like PHX, DEN, or LAX.
The staff were all super nice and no one questioned me or woke me up when i taking brief naps. I try to get as much sleep on the planes where its safer and just cat nap or hang out in the overnight with less people around. The airport is open 24 hours and thats known by everyone i came in contact with.
Theres flights that leave as late as 1 amish to the east coast and as early as 6am so people started to arrive around 4amish so theres only a short window where you'll be alone and i looked on the screens for gates to be somewhat near people for safety but i felt pretty safe here. I even asked a cop who said sure just watch your luggage but SLC seemed pretty safe and i saw the cops and other employees scan the airport on a regular basis. They do keep the tvs on all night but for over nighting for free that is the least of your problems and common in most airports nowdays. Overall a good experience as good as over nighting can be really be. There are multiple smoking lounges in the terminal no leaving needed and food and coffee IS available 24 hours. Free internet too. Overall a great airport, large Delta hub, very friendly staff for 2011 standards, and spectacular scenery.
When over nighting anywhere its important to go in as well rested as possible! Sleep on the plane before and after and just try to cat nap during the overnight for safety anywhere. I have overnighted in airports 15ish times in my life. SLC was as good as it gets. Good facilities, 24 hour food and coffee, free internet, and no one questioned me or made me feel acquired about over nighting as other airports do."
Have you been to Salt Lake City Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Location: Concourse C/D. Access / Rates: US$ 50 for a day pass
Free WiFi is available at the Salt Lake City Airport. Connect to the "slcairport.wifi" network.
If sleeping in the Salt Lake City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle:
- Airport Inn Hotel (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Radisson Salt Lake Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Hampton Inn & Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Springhill Suites Marriott (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Salt Lake City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Business Center: Regus Express offers computers with internet connection and other business services. Location: Terminal Two, between Concourse C & D. Hours: 7 am - 9pm
- Luggage Trolleys - available for a rate of $5.00 (the highest rate I have found to date). There is a $0.25 refund for returning the cart.
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Fox • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Ground floor, short-term parking garage.
- Children's Play Areas: Locations: Concourses A, B, and E
- Currency Exchange - Zions Bank offers foreign exchange services. Locations: Terminal 2
- DVD & Movie Rentals - bored and need some entertainment? InMotion Pictures rents portable DVDs players and movies. Location: at the top of Concourse D. The movie drop-off location is on the connector between Concourses B and C. Hours: 7am - 8pm.
- Food & Drinks - There are many food and beverage concessions available. However, at the time of this update, only the vending machines were available 24 hours.
»Terminal 1 Landside: Vending Machines (Lobby)
»Terminal 1 Airside: Vending Machines (Concourse A & B)
»Terminal 2 Landside: Vending Machines (Lobby)
»Terminal 2 Airside: Vending Machines (Concourses C, D& E)
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking lounges are located on the lower levels of both Concourses A and B, near gates C8 and D1, and in the Concourse E lobby.
open 24 hours
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Salt Lake City Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 13 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.