Savannah Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Savannah Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
They kicked me out, but they were REALLY sorry about it, y'all.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Savannah Hilton Head International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny two-level airport with minimal shopping and dining options
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- We have no reviews from travelers who attempted to sleep in this airport
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Savannah Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- The Passport Club - Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Airline Club Cards or US$ 50 Annual Fee
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: TV lounge, snacks, sleeping area and a library. Location: Departure Level (Level 2), Ticketing Area near the Delta Airlines ticket counter. Hours: 9:00AM to 8:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Savannah Airport.
If sleeping in Savannah Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Savannah Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Savannah Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Get a behind the scenes look at the airport. Areas included in the are the Baggage Claim, Savannah Square, and the Airport Ticketing Lobby. Departures: Tuesdays at 10:00AM. Advance reservations are required. 21 days prior to departure.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are four ATMs in the terminal (landside and airside)
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of the update, there are no 24-hour dining options at this airport. According to airport staff, the closest 24-hour restaurant is a Waffle House, located nearby but not reachable on foot.
- Gameport Arcade - Location: Landside, Savannah Square
- Information Desk - The SAV Visitor Information Center offers brochures, maps, limited business services and more. Location: Center of Baggage Claim Hours: 8:30AM - 11:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs - Location: Landside, Savannah Square area / Airside, across from Burger King
- Mobile Charging - There are 4 work station areas with mobile charging capacity located on the 2nd level.
- Rest Zone - The airport provides rocking chairs for travellers to relax.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Chatham Area Transit (CAT) Airport Express 100X bus links the airport with downtown Savannah. Buses depart every 30 minutes from 6:00AM - 7:00PM, Monday through Saturday, for a non-stop run between the airport and the Joe Murray Rivers Jr. Intermodal Transit Center. From the Intermodal Transit Center, connections are available to other CAT bus routes and the free DOT transportation system that covers downtown Savannah. Bus fare for the Airport Express is $1.50 one-way. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Chatham Area Transit website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the baggage claim area: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Savannah Airport Inn & Suites • Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Savannah Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Savannah Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport • Fairfield Inn Savannah Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport • Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler • La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler • Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler • SpringHill Suites Savannah Airport • Towneplace Suites Savannah Airport • Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport.
K-Shuttle offers shared-ride shuttle service between the airport and select hotels in downtown Savannah and Hilton Head Island. Fares are $20 one-way ($30 round trip) to downtown Savannah hotels or $47 one-way ($84 round trip) to Hilton Head Island hotels. Advanced reservation can be made 24 hours a day online or by phone.
Coastal Regional Coaches offers on-demand transportation between the airport and the these Georgia coastal counties: Bryan, Bulloch, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long, McIntosh, and Screven. Service is available on weekdays from 7:00AM - 5:00PM, but must be reserved in advance. Fares vary according to counties traveled, and payable by cash only.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. The following estimated one-way fares were current at the time of this update: $28 to Historic Savannah hotels; $80-$85 to Hilton Head hotels and $36-$41 to southern Savannah hotels.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.