Springfield Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Springfield Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Springfield Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal opened in 2009, and provides flights to several American destinations.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttle service. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Springfield Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Springfield Airport throughout the Terminal Building.
If sleeping in Springfield Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Courtyard Springfield Airport - (9 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available. For airport pick-up, call 1-417-869-6700 or use the courtesy phone in the airport.
- Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza - (9 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Springfield Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art Gallery - The airport's "Sky Gallery" has a rotating exhibit of fine art. Locations: Landside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two Empire Bank ATM locations: near the airport administrative offices (landside) and in the concourse (airside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food concessions at the airport. McAlister's Deli has locations both landside and airside. The Deli opens at 4:45AM.
- Information Desk - Offering maps, brochures, a hotel/transportation display, courtesy phone and the answers to some of your questions. Location: Center of the lobby.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Medical Service - Need medical attention? Emergency personnel are on staff 24 hours a day.
- Meditation Room - Location: Landside, beyond the ticketing area and towards the gates
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Car rental services are available from ½ hour before the first flight’s arrival or departure, and ½ hour after the arrival or departure of the last flight of the day. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Springfield Airport Inn • Courtyard Springfield Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Springfield • Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield - I-44 • La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield Airport Plaza • Ramada Plaza Springfield Hotel Oasis Convention Center • University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.