Tucson Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tucson Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Security officers will guide you to the couches if you get lost.
- Mrp Alert
photo credit: Deniselmilne / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tucson International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with two concourse (Concourses A and B)
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Plenty of cushioned benches and empty carpeted nooks throughout the terminal make Tucson Airport a comfortable place to overnight. One reviewer slept soundly on the floor until 9:00AM! Several reviewers strongly suggest having a pillow handy if you sleep on one of the benches.
- Large wraparound couches are located on the main level, below the security checkpoints. This area gets busy early in the day, so don’t plan to sleep too late.
- On the lower level, near the rental car desks, are a few couches with power outlets nearby.
- Loud overhead announcements play repeatedly through the night. Earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones will help to ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Due to the high temperatures outside, the constant a/c can make the airport frosty inside. Keep warm with a travel blanket or sweater!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel at the airport and other hotes near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tucson Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Military Liason Office - For military personnel and their families. Location: Baggage claim behind baggage belt #4. Hours: 24 hours
Free WiFi is available at Tucson Airport.
If sleeping in Tucson Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport - (1 min walk from the airport) Located at the airport entrance. Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Tucson Airport - (2 min walk from the airport) Located near the airport entrance. Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport - (3 min walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tucson Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art Exhibits - There are several galleries located throughout the terminal: TIA Gallery Lower Link Gallery (baggage level) • TIA Upper Link Gallery • Center Gallery (on the ticketing level) • Checkpoint A • Checkpoint B • ARTport is the airport employee's art gallery.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: ticketing level/center.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Computer Work Stations - Desks with power outlets are available. Located in the concourses.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Information Desk - For information or assistance, look for one of the friendly and knowledgeable Volunteer Ambassadors who roam around the airport. Their purple vests make them easy to spot!
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage chairs - Location: ticketing counters, concourses and baggage claim.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Designated smoking areas are located outside the terminal on the ticketing and lower levels.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
SUNTRAN bus routes 11 and 25 serve the airport, stopping at a designated bus stop on the upper level near the west exit. Buses run every 30 minutes from 5:30AM - 10:30PM (every 60 minutes on weekends and holidays from 6:00AM - 7:00PM). Bus fare is $1.50, payable with exact change or SunGO reusable fare card. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the SUNTRAN website.
Car rental services are available in a designated facility east of the airport terminal, connected via moving sidewalk to the baggage claim area near Baggage Belt 7. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National. Payless and Thrifty offer free shuttle service to their nearby off-site locations. Pickup can be requested by using the direct-dial courtesy phone located at the shuttle stop.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Their shuttles pick up passengers outside of the baggage claim area. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Baymont Inn & Suites Tucson Airport • Best Western Plus Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites • Comfort Suites Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tucson Airport • Courtyard Tucson Airport • Desert Diamond Casino Hotel • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport • Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport • Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport • Holiday Inn Express Tucson Airport • Hyatt Place Tucson Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Tucson Airport • Residence Inn Tucson Airport • TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport.
Shared-ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation area outside of baggage claim. Arizona Stagecoach offers on-demand shuttle service to business and private residences throughout the Tucson metropolitan area, with a service counter available on the lower level of the airport, in the baggage claim area.
Taxis are available at the taxi stand, located outside of the baggage claim area. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.