West Palm Beach Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our West Palm Beach Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only thing I would ask for would be all night food and longer couches!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Palm Beach International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport with three concourses (Concourses A, B and C) and limited shopping and dining options
After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- There is a common seating area next to California Pizza Kitchen, almost near Concourse C, that has chairs, short couches (love seats) and long benches.
- Overhead announcements go on all night (less audible from the common seating area). Have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones to ensure a good night’s sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a day pass or Delta Sky Club membership. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our West Palm Beach Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at West Palm Beach airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Concourse C, Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door - Single Visit Pass (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
If sleeping in West Palm Beach Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Embassy Suites West Palm Beach Central - (5 min from the airport) Free scheduled shuttle service to the airport and CityPlace.
- Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Central Airport- (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport, convention center, and CityPlace.
- Holiday Inn Palm Beach Airport Conference Center - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near West Palm Beach Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at West Palm Beach Airport.
- Airport Art - Exhibitions are held at the airport
- Baggage Carts - Available for a $5 rental fee, with a partial refund upon return.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Travel Service Center, Level Three, Ticketing, Level One, baggage claim • Airside, on concourses B and C
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - There is a play area, JungleFun, for children to work off some energy before their flight. Location: Main Terminal, 2nd Floor, next to the KidZoo store.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Main Terminal. Hours: unknown.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Putting Green - To practice your short game go to the bar at Sam Snead’s. Location: Main Terminal, second floor. Hours: unknown.
- Showers - not available.
- Spa - Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more are available at Comfort Zone Spa. Location: Main Terminal Hours: 9:00AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Fri), 10:00AM - 5:00PM (Sat,Sun)
The airport is open 24 hours. However, staying in the airport overnight is not permitted.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Palm Tran connects the airport to most areas in Palm Beach County. The airport bus stop is located on the Level 1 outer curb, and route maps can be found in the Level 1 Baggage Claim area. For information about fares and schedules visit the Palm Tran website.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in Level 1 Baggage Claim: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Palm Beach Lakes • Courtyard West Palm Beach Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel West Palm Beach Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton West Palm Beach Central • Hampton Inn West Palm Beach Central Airport • Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach • Hilton Garden Inn West Palm Beach Airport • Hilton Palm Beach Airport • Hilton West Palm Beach • Holiday Inn Palm Beach-Airport Conference Center • La Quinta Inn & Suites West Palm Beach I-95 • Marriott West Palm Beach • Ramada West Palm Beach Airport • Stay Inn West Palm Beach Airport.
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared ride shuttles are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. Rides can be arranged from the Ground Transportation Desks located at the east and west ends of Baggage Claim on the 1st level of the terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Tri-Rail is linked to West Palm Beach Airport via free non-stop shuttle service, providing a connection between the airport, Miami and many stops in between. The Tri-Rail shuttle stop is located in the ground transportation area outside of Level 1 Baggage Claim. For Tri-Rail route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Tri-Rail website.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.