Wichita Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Wichita Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I would have to rate it as one of the better ones to get stuck in.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Wichita Airport.
What to Expect
- The Wichita airport has a single terminal with two floors.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport since 2005. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Wichita Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges available at this airport.
If sleeping in Wichita Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttle:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wichita Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Airport Inn & Conference Center- (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Howard Johnson Inn Wichita Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Wichita Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Wichita Airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is one ATM located landside, and another located airside next to the food court.
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available for rent in the baggage claim area and the west end of the parking garage. Rental fee is $5.
- Business Center - Computer access, copy/fax/scan/print services, notary, gift cards, shipping services and more. Location: 2nd floor, landside, immediately before security checkpoint next to media room in suite 111. Hours: 8:30AM - 5:30PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Area - Location: airside, across from Gate 1.
- Flight Deck - At the time of this update, the flight deck is being upgraded into a new quiet space called the Sky Warrior Retreat, which is due to open soon.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate on varying schedules, with most options open as early as 4:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are available in the airport.
- Information Desk - Booth staffed by volunteers. Location: Ground Level beside the gift shop. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs - Located throughout the terminal.
- Showers - not available
- Video Games - beside Sarah’s Ice Cream
The airport is open 24 hours.
Car rental services are available on the ground floor of the parking garage. The following agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Ambassador Hotel Wichita • Best Western Airport Inn & Conference Center • Ramada Wichita Airport • Comfort Suites Wichita • Days Inn Wichita West-Near Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport • Hotel At WaterWalk • Howard Johnson Inn Wichita Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport • Quality Suites Airport • Wichita Inn West.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.