Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Arequipa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Arequipa Airport.
What to Expect
- This small, single-terminal airport connects to a few destinations in Peru.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is open from 6am – 10pm, so sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttle service for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Arequipa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel La Cuesta de Cayma – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
- La Maison d’Elise – (17 minutes from the airport) Hotel will arrange taxi pick-up upon request, S/.35.00, paid to the hotel. » Check Rates
- Hotel San Agustin Posada del Monasterio – (23 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Arequipa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Arequipa Airport. According to a reader in a January 2017 review, the wifi doesn’t work.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by BCP Bank and dispense local currency and US dollars. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, next to the Entrance • Airside, next to the Magazine Store.
Currency Exchange – Banco Continental – Location: Landside, next to the Entrance • Airside, next to the Magazine Store.
Duty Free & Shopping – Although duty-free shopping is not available in this airport, a small variety of retail and gift shops is available.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Altomayo • Jirón Perú Sangucheria.
Information Desk – iPeru – Location: Landside, next to Arrivals. Hours: 6:15AM – 9:45PM (Sunday – Thursday) • 12:00PM – 9:45PM (Friday – Saturday).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – There is a First Aid station available.
Pharmacy – Botica Drugstore. Location: 1st Floor.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The lounge is open 6:00AM – the last flight of the day (Daily).
As of October 2018, Arequipa airport is served by the following airlines: Aero Cardal • LAN Perú • Peruvian Airlines • TACA Perú • Sky Airline.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Hertz offers car rental service onsite.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Taxis are available for hire from the Arequipa Authorized Taxi kiosk in the Arrivals Hall. At the time of this November 2017 update, a ride between the airport and the city center is around 20 Soles (5,00€).
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.