Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bakersfield Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Meadows Field Airport Bakersfield.
What to Expect
Meadows Field Airport Bakersfield has a small, modern two-level terminal with four gates, a sub shop restaurant and a gift shop. WiFi is available to help pass the time. There are no private lounges at this airport.
Where to Sleep
While the airport lists its operating hours as from 3:00AM to 1:30AM daily, travellers do spend the night on the landside. There are several padded, armrest-free benches that are described as “quite comfortable”, and travellers reportedly felt safe there. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in Meadows Field Airport.
As it is not possible to sleep in the airport overnight, here are some hotels near Meadows Field Airport:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bakersfield North-Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Bakersfield North – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bakersfield Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Meadows Field Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Meadows Field Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Currency Exchange – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – A variety of newspapers, magazines, souvenirs, snacks, and travel goods are for sale at Omni-Goods. Hours: 4:00AM – 4:00PM.
- Food & Drinks – Blimpie is a full service restaurant. Location: Airside. Hours: 5:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at [email protected]
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Showers – Not available.
The airport is open daily from 3:00AM – 1:30AM.
As of October 2018, Bakersfield airport is served by the following airlines: American Airlines • United Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are available 24-hours, though you may need to pre-book them or call for a pick-up.
Several companies offer car rental services, located in the terminal: Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.