Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bangka Island Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Bangka Island Airport.
What to Expect
- The single, small terminal connects to a few destinations in Indonesia. A brand new terminal opened in 2017.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport though only one provides a free airport shuttle. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Bangka Island Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Novotel Bangka Hotel & Convention Center – (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Santika Bangka – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request (via email), IDR 60.000 each way/car. » Check Rates
- Soll Marina Bangka Hotel & Conference Center – (3 minutes from the airport) Reviews are mixed on this former Aston property, but it’s one of only a small number of hotels near the airport. Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bangka Island Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – Nursing Rooms are available. Locations: Check-in area and Airside.
Children’s Play Area – Look for the Zoomoov areas if your children need to burn off some energy. Locations: Landside and Airside.
Duty Free & Shopping – It is not known if Duty Free shopping is available. There is a small variety of shops including a mini-market for any last minute items.
Food & Drink – At the time of this update it is not known if there are 24 hour concessions. There are restaurants and cafes available both Landside and Airside.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Services are available in the Check-in area. Rates: Unknown.
Massage Chairs – Relax in the airport’s massage chairs while you wait for your flight. Location: Airside. Rates: Unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of October 2018, Bangka Island airport is served by the following airlines: Batik • Citilink • Garuda Indonesia • Lion Air • NAM Air • Sriwijaya Air • Wings Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several car rental agencies offer services onsite at the airport.
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide hotel shuttle service; however, there are several hotels that can arrange transfers for a fee. [ See Airport Hotels above ]
Last updated: 2018-10-26
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.