Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Barcelona Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Barcelona Airport.
What to Expect
- This small airport connects to several domestic and international destinations.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 20 minutes of the airport, though none provide airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Premier Club – Location: Landside, 2nd Floor.
If sleeping in Barcelona Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel El Dorado Suites – (5 minutes from the airport) Reviews are mixed, but this is the closest hotel to the airport in an area sparsely populated by decent hotels. » Check Rates
- Puerto Playa Suites Aparthotel – (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Punta Palma Hotel & Marina – (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Barcelona Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi and internet access are available for a fee at an internet cafe in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Shopping – A limited selection of gift shops are available in the terminal.
Showers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of October 2018, Barcelona airport is served by the following airlines: Avior Airlines • Conviasa • Laser Airlines • Rutaca
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Metered taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last updated: 2018-10-26
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.